Sign in to follow this  

I Rode A 2010 450 Today

My freind let me ride and race his 09 450 a couple of months ago. He sold his 09 and bought a 2010 and had at the track today. As with the 09, the 10had the sound and feel of a 250f. One thing that was different was the front tire on the 10 stuck really well in flat corners compared to the 09, but to be fair, I'm not sure what tire was on the 09. The 10 had an mx51, but both had stock suspension. Twice on the 10, it leaned popped and stalled when trying to lug it like a carb bike, but I'm sure a little mapping can cure that. One thing that that was noticeable, was it had more mid to upper power, especially upper. When I rolled it on, it was smooth and tourqey. Bike started very easially for riding and after the two lean pops. I really like my freind.:banghead::bonk:

• Like 1

So what did you and your friend think of the suspension? Any improvements compared to the 09?

My friend doesn't really notice to much about the suspension. He just rides around and doesn't jump to much and pound because both of his ankles have almost no movement from all the pins and screws. I rode and raced the 09 in different conditions and felt comfortable with the suspension with me being at 155 minus gear. Although as stated the 09 front end felt unsure in flat corners, but don't recall what tire was on the bike at the time. The 10 I only rode in very soft conditions and was not able to hit the larger jumps, but what I did feel was fine. But as mentioned the 10 front end felt better in flat corners. But that may have been attributed to the soft conditions, whereas I was flat tracking and steering with the throttle in and out of corners, so the front tire was not working. I'll probably ride it some more this weekend, and if the riding conditions are different, I'll get a better feel and report.

My freind let me ride and race his 09 450 a couple of months ago. He sold his 09 and bought a 2010 and had at the track today. As with the 09, the 10had the sound and feel of a 250f. One thing that was different was the front tire on the 10 stuck really well in flat corners compared to the 09, but to be fair, I'm not sure what tire was on the 09. The 10 had an mx51, but both had stock suspension. Twice on the 10, it leaned popped and stalled when trying to lug it like a carb bike, but I'm sure a little mapping can cure that. One thing that that was noticeable, was it had more mid to upper power, especially upper. When I rolled it on, it was smooth and tourqey. Bike started very easially for riding and after the two lean pops. I really like my freind.:banghead::bonk:

Oh no. A 2009 owner bought a 2010! You mean the 2009 is not the roach that you would believe from this forum! Don't let the haters see this sort of credential!

Sent from a happy 2009 owner.

Sent from a happy 2009 owner.

You should be happy, I checked out your garage and that's a sweet bike. :banghead:

Regarding the 2010, I thought that they weren't available yet in the states. :bonk:

Looks like I'll get to race my freinds 2010 this weekend. I'm not participating in the entire series, I'm going to race this one race because it coming to our town.

He was washing his bikes last weekend, went to get in his lifted truck and his leg went inbetween the step bar and body. He fell back and snapped his tibia. He also offered it to me for the Whitney Spring Classic in March. The long sweeping starts and up the moutain is everything.

If the weather cooperates and the race happens this weekend, I make a squidward ride report afterwards

You should be happy, I checked out your garage and that's a sweet bike. :ride:

Regarding the 2010, I thought that they weren't available yet in the states. :lol:

I picked up my 2010 Friday before last.