200 vs 250 2t vs the 4t's

• 1 month later...

Just thought I owed a follow up to this thread - not least as a way of thanks for peoples input ...

I got myself a brand new (discounted) 2009 200 exc in last week of January and have been grinning ever since :banana:

The bike is unbelievably light and responsive and will lift the front wheel off the throttle no problem, even with my chunkyness on it.

But its the controllable power that I am so in love with, combined with the low weight makes it a dream to ride. FAR less tiring to ride than my 450. Power is just so smooooth and far more torquey than I was expecting too, which is a big bonus

I entered my first hare scramble on it 3 weeks back and although I could only manage 2hrs 50mins of the 3.5 hour race (yes I need to get fitter !!), I was grinning all the way round at how quickly I could corner on the many tight bits of the 9 mile lap. And just to show how tight it was, heres someones footage of one of the laps (sorry about the quality) ...

I was grinning most when I shot past a mate of mine on the first lap of the race who was riding a 450 exc and had set off 2 mins beforehand in the group in front of me - the same mate that had been calling my 200 "a girls bike and needed tassles " :banana:

I have just had the suspension re-sprung and re-valved for my weight and have my next race this weekend, so hopefully the bike will be even better

For those of you out there that are thinking of getting the 200 but are unsure of its power - let me tell you that it has plenty enough for most !

heres some nice footage of someone on a 200 exc on a practice day on land right next to where I live ...

Cheers?