Sign in to follow this  

Premix Ratio for 95 Fantic Section 249

what premix ratio should i be running? i've heard 80:1, is that correct?

thanks,

Mike

That's the ratio I use for my 2001 GG 280.

i had good luck with yamalube 2r on my old 2 stroke (atk406, 50:1). i was planning on running the same oil.

80:1 seems pretty low on oil to me, considering modern japanese 2 stroke mx bikes run anywhere from 32:1 - 50:1. Does anyone know what engine setup as far as bearings and materials allows 80:1 and if the fantic engine runs well on 80:1? or should i just stick with 50:1.

thanks for the replies, except for fester, why bother posting nothing useful? i traded another bike i wasn't riding for this as i've always wanted to give trials a shot. it runs great and it came with no manual and i can't find one on line so i'm, asking.

Mike

depends on what oil you use.

i'd just ask the guy u got it from. The gasgas runs 100:1 because the crank bearings are lubed by the gear oil. Most modern trials bike are in the 80:1 relm. it's because of the low revs. A MX bike needs more because it's running at high rpms.

i didnt sat nuthin?mix it on the rich side because top ends are scarce for fantics:thumbsup:

i had good luck with yamalube 2r on my old 2 stroke (atk406, 50:1). i was planning on running the same oil.

80:1 seems pretty low on oil to me, considering modern japanese 2 stroke mx bikes run anywhere from 32:1 - 50:1. Does anyone know what engine setup as far as bearings and materials allows 80:1 and if the fantic engine runs well on 80:1? or should i just stick with 50:1.

thanks for the replies, except for fester, why bother posting nothing useful? i traded another bike i wasn't riding for this as i've always wanted to give trials a shot. it runs great and it came with no manual and i can't find one on line so i'm, asking.

Mike

50:1 using high quality oil is what they used for that bike when it first came out.. The air cooled older bikes need more oil, but 50:1 was what I remember.

That's what we all used in our air cooled Trials bikes of that period.

OOPS!! but now I see that is a 95 Section, I believe that was water cooled.... I would still stick with 50:1 until you find out for sure.

so it sounds like 50:1 is a good starting point. do any of you run more oil when you are trail riding?

thanks,

Mike

Poor ol Fester. All those fine social skills and all he could muster up was a smiley. I'll have to find a new hero. :ride:

:lol::moon: