riding around maine?

Hi , I may be moving out to maine from california and was wondering what riding was like out there? i see theres a few tracks out there that are open in the summer months but what about when its snowing is there any indoor tracks close by within a few hours of portland? I heard of mototown thats about 3 hours i think from portland.. thankss for any info

• 3 weeks later...

mototown is a little bit more than 3 hours from portland. mostly outdoor riding in the summer but there are some good places to ride mx 207 is awesome and a lot of trails. winter sucks for riding in the norheast cabin fever has set in 2 months ago.where will you be moving to in maine I have a place in hartford its about 20 miles north of lewiston. mainly go up to ride in the summer hemmonds awesome also.

well the real thing to do is to buy a sled, alot of the same feel as a bike and access is amazing! you can ride from state line to state line and no one gives you a hard time about it besides theres something way cool about whipping through trees going down the trails at 70 feeling like your just flying then getting passed by someones girlfriend on her old mans f1000! lol then you only get cabin fever for mud season and that's what.... only 7 months!! seriously though guy, if and when you get here, pm me and i'll take you for a sled ride i got three, sometimes four running and registered sleds in the yard. we can load up and ride to the good snow up in jackman, but as to the dirt, check out www.mainedirtbikes.com they've got links to all the tracks and lots of good info on lots of on and off track events

todd