Catching Up With Mike Alessi

Yeah that comment about not knowing which bike he's using caught my attention too. Plus, watching him ride with the other guys, he didn't seem to be pulling away from them...hard to tell though if he was riding hard.

i can't see how you can blow your kneecap apart twice and not suffer some type of permanent effects.....decreased range of motion etc.....

seems like such a delicate area/bone to break twice.....i'll be amazed if he can come back as strong as eve.r

Yeah that comment about not knowing which bike he's using caught my attention too. Plus, watching him ride with the other guys, he didn't seem to be pulling away from them...hard to tell though if he was riding hard.

I was thinking the exact same thing. That one guy #533 was keeping up with him pretty good. I thought it was just me, but he didn't look that fast. I think it would be a foolish move to ride the 350. If he and the team are serious about the title, he better ride the 450. If it was SX, maybe it would be a different story.

That was an interesting comment for sure. Will be interesting to see what he ends up riding.

However in that video he looked plenty fast to me, especially considering he's had such a major injury recently and is just now getting back into it. If he was on the 350 in that video it looks like it has enough juice - when he put the pass on that 533 guy in the corner the bike didn't look to have any trouble putting the power up necessary to do it. Of course the question remains why did he have to put the pass on him in the first place...Alessi is the holeshot king, so maybe that's where the 350 has issues.

What's up with his Jeff Alessi (I assume they are brothers? How old is he?) - he doesn't seem like a very threatening player in the SX series, figured if they're related there'd be some of Mike's speed in him.

At least one thing is looking up - they ditched the home movie from last time and got someone that has a little better idea of what they're doing film him this time. :ride:

That was an interesting comment for sure. Will be interesting to see what he ends up riding.

However in that video he looked plenty fast to me, especially considering he's had such a major injury recently and is just now getting back into it. If he was on the 350 in that video it looks like it has enough juice - when he put the pass on that 533 guy in the corner the bike didn't look to have any trouble putting the power up necessary to do it. Of course the question remains why did he have to put the pass on him in the first place...Alessi is the holeshot king, so maybe that's where the 350 has issues.

What's up with his Jeff Alessi (I assume they are brothers? How old is he?) - he doesn't seem like a very threatening player in the SX series, figured if they're related there'd be some of Mike's speed in him.

At least one thing is looking up - they ditched the home movie from last time and got someone that has a little better idea of what they're doing film him this time.ūü§£

350 vs 450 in a drag with the same skilled person and same weight, I gotta believe the 450 will walk it....:ride:

Of course he looks fast, he is a pro rider. They all look fast. But there are different levels of fast as far as I am concerned. I love the videos that come out leading up to the beginning of the SX season because I love trying to figure out who is going fast and who isn't by watching them. Then I get to see how right or wrong I was when the season starts. So far I have been pretty spot on. I felt Josh Hill looked fast in his videos, and look what he has done so far. Same could be said for the little bit we got to see of Dungey. I thought that RV and CR did not look very good on their bikes. CR looked faster in the whoops, but RV looked faster in the corners. So far, RV hasn't lived up to anyones expectations. CR wasn't really doing much before he got hurt either.Neither of them look like they are in the zone on the bike. So what I am getting at is, from that video, I would say Mikey has a long way to go to get to a speed where he is going to challenge for the outdoor title. He should also get to testing that 450 he is going to ride. If KTM is serious about the title, they will forego the 350 for the time being.

ah but alessi has shown he can pretty much blow everyone away on the holeshot.....so the disadvantage may not be there with him....

Are you really saying a 350 will beat a 450 with the same weight same skilled guy on them?:ride: Is he getting holeshots on the 350 right now? It wasn't like he was 2 or 3 bike links on everyone on the holeshots when it was 450 vs 450.

I don't understand why he would go to a smaller cc since his big advantage is his starts. No way a 350 will compete with a 450 out of the gate. Elsewhere on the track there might be advantages.

I don't understand why he would go to a smaller cc since his big advantage is his starts. No way a 350 will compete with a 450 out of the gate. Elsewhere on the track there might be advantages.

Not KTM but Kawi, not 450 vs 350 butttttttt 3 riders 3 laps:

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000089659/videos/villopoto-vs-wey-vs-weimer-three-riders-three-laps/

He says they aren't sure which bike he'll be on for the Nationals. I'm guessing he's missing some holeshot power on the 350 and will be on the 450 by May (or sooner).

duh... thats a pretty easy guess about the holeshot power. But the 250's did pretty well off the line against the 450 at mxdn.

Maybe the plan with the lighter/smaller bike is to increase the laptimes on the later laps instead of the very first one.

I'm curious to see how it goes and hope that they run at least half the season on the 350 with good results.