TTR Jets

Matt Tiede

Hey guys. We get a lot of calls for the TTR jets. This is a guide to find possible jetting solutions and links to order from the TT store.

(edited)

Main jet link:

Mikuni Large Round Main Jets

Pilot jet link:

VM28/486 Pilot Jets

TTR125:

Pilot

17.5 VM28/486 - Most report this as a fix all

Main

TTR230:

Pilot

Sea Level or Close - #38 Pilot

Main

Sea Level or Close - #130 Main

If you have more suggestions for other popular jets for the TTR 125/230/250 please add them to this thread or PM me! Thanks :ride:

*Please remember, this is just a guide based on what others have tried and worked for them, and its not guaranteed. TT cannot guarantee jetting for any bike and we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. Its up to you in the end to do your own research before deciding on what jets you need to purchase.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey guys. We get a lot of calls for the TTR jets. This is a guide to find possible jetting solutions and links to order from the TT store.

TTR125:

Pilot

17.5 VM28/486 - Most report this as a fix all

Main

TTR230:

Pilot

Sea Level or Close - #38 Pilot

Main

Sea Level or Close - #130 Main

If you have more suggestions for other popular jets for the TTR 125/230/250 please add them to this thread or PM me! Thanks ?

*Please remember, this is just a guide based on what others have tried and worked for them, and its not guaranteed. TT cannot guarantee jetting for any bike and we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. Its up to you in the end to do your own research before deciding on what jets you need to purchase.

The TTR250 JETS ARE HERE: https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=339411&highlight=250

Thanks

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

After some detective work, It appears I found the TT230 famous #130 Main:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PU_KN102221130

And the famous TTR230 #38 Pilot Jet

https://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=YAMAHA%5F43F%2D14342%2D19%2D00

- Now this is only available through OEM right now from what I can tell and yes, that price is accurate.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey folks. I recently bought a used YZ250F for myself and a used TT-R125L for my wife. This site has helped me a bunch in getting up to speed on what to look for and provided a bunch of info on how to dial them in.

It's been stated many times that the pilot jets can't be cleaned. They have to be replaced. I thought this sounded silly. I might have an explanation.

When I bought the TTR it wouldn't idle and the seller had been tinkering with it. He had a 17.5 pilot in it during storage. Attempted to clean it. This didn't help. He bought a 20 pilot. It ran but wouldn't idle.

I noticed that the new #20 had a smaller orifice than the old 17.5. The 17.5 was WAY bigger, and the 20 looked like it has something in it. I bought a new 17.5 and its orifice was smaller than the new 20; like you would expect.

I think Mikuni reams all the of the pilots to one size and then fits them with reducer bushings that restrict them to the stamped #. When someone blows out the pilot with air or rakes through it with a wire, they take out the reducer and open up the pilot jet to size #40 or whatever.

I'll try to take pictures, but there's almost no chance of my camera focusing correctly to show the inside of the jets.

Thanks for the great forum. Trying to give something back.

T-J

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

....just my 2 cents - some manufacturers number denotes flow-rate and some is actually the size(i'm referring to jets in cars carbs, but pretty sure it could be the same issue).

i've just bought the missus a ttr 230, which has been made road legal, so i use it to work during the week. AWESOME little bike. it has been re-jetted, the airbox opened and the exhaust uncorked. goes really well, i can lift the front in 2nd for quite a while (not bad considering i'm 6ft2 and 93kgs) the only issue is it seems rather heavy on fuel...just over 100km's on a tank. does that sound right?

• 3 weeks later...

i would just like to say thanks to you guys for this great thread. we have been having trouble with my brother 2004 TTR 125 since we bought it used. we put a whole carb rebuild kit in it and it did very little. it still took a good 20 kick with choke to get the bike to start up and had to let it sit for another 10 before you could turn the choke off, then once you got it running and drove it it couldnt keep up with a 2000 xr 100 and at full throttle it bobbled like crazy. so thanks to you guys we picked up the 17.5 pilot jet and just finished putting it in. right off the bat it made a huge difference the carb had no fuel and within 2 kicks and no choke she fired up. it sounded so much healthier and stronger. we took her for a rip and damn does she ever pull. you have to actually hold on and she wheelies no problem through 1st to 3rd, its awesome! and the best part is NO bobble! and for all of that i thank you guys because without you we were gunna sell it and buy a XR 100. -Wes

• Like 1