anyone ever build a supercross track..... out of ice?

has anyone ever tried this? me and some of my friends built a trail out to a huge lake by my house, with about a foot and an eighth of ice on it:thumbsup: but just going flat out in a straight line starts to get boring after the first week or so:banghead:.... soooo, here's what i'm thinking... build a full scale replica of an ama supercross series track out of pack snow, then use a sump pump to saturate the snow with water and let it freeze through. We have studdies, and jump ice kickers like this all the time... buuutttt, we've never put one out on a lake. Will the weight of the ice crush the base layer of the lake, and will landing on a downy on ice punch through the base? If we're just going to mess up the ice, I'd rather stick to keeping our "glam-ICE playground" the way it is:ride:

the ice is thick enough, there were people out there in f250s with plows.... hahah I figured i'd get some negative answers. yea It's a stupid idea, but I've built plenty of big ass ice fmx kickers, which only take a few minutes with the proper tools. I'm thinking we'll probably start out with a couple doubles, whoops, a berm, and maybe a table top.... see if that works out then go from there

wayyyyy to much work, even flooding an ice rink on a lake with a pump sucks balls. I've done it for 4 years in a row now. the pump freezes up sometimes and it just sucks dealing with water in freezing conditions. you wont be able to make the snow jumps into ice jumps. Even freezing snow banks for the hockey pucks to bounce off takes FOREVER. You must be insane for thinking that you could build a full size replica.... and then freeze it hahahaha

• 2 weeks later...
wayyyyy to much work, even flooding an ice rink on a lake with a pump sucks balls. I've done it for 4 years in a row now. the pump freezes up sometimes and it just sucks dealing with water in freezing conditions. you wont be able to make the snow jumps into ice jumps. Even freezing snow banks for the hockey pucks to bounce off takes FOREVER. You must be insane for thinking that you could build a full size replica.... and then freeze it hahahaha

insane, yes.... but that's just me :ride:...... Even if i can make some snow pack jumps and let them harden on their own (which usually happens over night where i live) I'm fairly certain it can be done.

It's snowing the rest of the week, so we should be able to plow out a track by*the upcoming vacation:banana: I'll get video, and all you naysayers will owe me a dollar:ride:hehehehehehe