Sign in to follow this  

Innovate LC1 andDB guage on Dr650

I have been lurking here for some time, 1st let me thank you all and MXRob in particular. Learned a lot from you. I have a FCR carb and GSXR exhaust mounted now, as per MXRob's jetting. I installed the carb with a homemade Noss adapter. It is a big improvement on stock and I am getting decent fuel consuption but I want to play around a bit with the jetting still. I suspect I am running a bit rich at smaller throttle openings, even though I get a lot of popping.

I ordered a Innovate LC1 and DB kit to give me more information as to actual fuel air ratios. Since ordering the LC1, I visited the Innovate forums, it seems that a lot of people are complaining about issues with the LC1. Apparently the grounding creates problems; others say the thing gives trouble by design.

I saw on the FCR thread that some of you have mounted a LC1/ LM1 on the DR. I would appreciate it if anybody can share their experiences. I would also like to hear how you wired it up.

I recieved the extended bung but it appears to be mild steel. Should I weld this onto my header or should I rather make myself one from SS? Will need to borrow the 18x1.5 tap somewhere.

Thank you again.

Does your FCR have the Air Cut decel enrichment circuit? If not that would explain the excessive decel popping. Even with the Air Cut circuit decel popping is not totally eliminated... but it is substantially reduced without having to over richen your pilot circuit.

I had the LM-1 mounted on my bars and have recently upgraded to the LM-2. I had no issues of any type with my LM-1. Great instrument. :ride: I have the LM-1(2) powered by an accessory relay with it's own properly sized fuse.

Stainless extended plugs are easily found doing a Google search. I bought mine from Ballenger. You could weld the mild steel extended bung to your stainless head pipe using the proper weld rod... like a 309 or 310 series rod.... for the minimal price I felt it best to stick with all stainless. :lol:

mx-rob, yes it does have the Air Cut decel enrichment circuit. I have suspicions about the gasket between the header and the midpipe though. There was a lot of fitting and unfitting while making the midpipe. We enjoy the FI thread!

mx-rob, yes it does have the Air Cut decel enrichment circuit. I have suspicions about the gasket between the header and the midpipe though. There was a lot of fitting and unfitting while making the midpipe. We enjoy the FI thread!

Yeah, any air leak in the system can add to decel popping. The Two Brothers mid-pipe tends to have a bit more of a joint leak propensity than does the Hindle mid-pipe. Any air leak you can feel with your hand near the joint while zooming the engine can enhance decel popping. :ride: