Sign in to follow this  

Boots- What do you wear?

oxtar tcx pro comp best xc/moto/enduro boot keeps your ankles safe with the torsion control system and waterproof overall great boot windam wears them as well as euro pros

I too am sorry if i came across that way. I deffinately understand spending money on things that might be worth it.

But this past summer the boots paid off for me big time. I had an off and my foot/ankle got slammed by the bike. If I was wearing anything less I would have been in the hospital.

Again sorry, I ment no harm. Just trying to look out for fellow riders and give them solid recommendations.

Used Sidi boots pop up for sale on ADV pretty often... might be a way to get into some nice boots affordably :ride:

Hey, no problem whatsoever. I appreciate all the feedback, here. I'm sure if I could afford it, I'd go buy some $500 boots. I'll get something decent, hopefully. There's more I'm going to buy, besides boots, so I need to keep everything reasonable. I can ill afford to go out and spend several grand for riding gear. I wish boots would go on sale sometimes, but it doesn't seem like they do all that often. If so, it's usually old models, and they don't have them in my size.

To everyone who compares boots by price you are fools dollars dont make them better,however $500 boots dont cost $500 do some searching that price is MSRP I have owned 2 pairs of Tech 10s for half that price each. Look on closeout site e-bay or where ever but do yourself a favor dont pay RETAIL:bonk:

There are many many choices of boots to wear. How often you ride will dictate how much money you need to spend. Stiff boots will loosen over time. Loose ones will get looser. If you are an occasional rider 5-6 times a year some ocelots would work just fine. Of course you may have to replace them in a few years, but you didn't spend much. Of course if you want to have a pair you may never wear out the more expensive ones may be a better choice.

First my advice is to make sure you look at a good brand. Are they comfortable. Let your feet be your guide. Walk around the store for a while not just for a quick circle around a chair. Next look at the buckles. If they are difficult to get on by your self, move on to another pair. I have noticed some of the fox boots have a buckle that is hard to get to snap and can brake easily. Make sure the shop has parts for your boots. Might not be a bad idea to have a couple extra buckles on hand.

To everyone who compares boots by price you are fools dollars dont make them better,however $500 boots dont cost $500 do some searching that price is MSRP I have owned 2 pairs of Tech 10s for half that price each. Look on closeout site e-bay or where ever but do yourself a favor dont pay RETAIL:bonk:

Check out www.ironpony.com they have a large selection and lots of closeouts they are out of columbus OH their store is in an old lowes building tons of stuff :ride:

Also check out http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com I know a couple guys who have bought gear through them and had good results. I know it is hard to drop $500 on a pair of Sidi Crossfires, but after wearing them for the past three years, I wouldn't ever buy anything else.

My old $400 pair of Sidi's saved my right foot. Plastic over the leather helps prevent a puncture. That's what happened to me. XR400 in 3rd gear about 3/4 throttle and a small fallen tree that had the top cut off was sticking out and stuck right into my right foot just above my toes, pinning my foot against the peg and spinning me to the right and bringing me to the ground and to a dead stop in abut 3 feet. It hurt like hell and I thought my foot was broken, but it wasn't, just ended up being badly bruised and sore for a couple days. The plastic piece got broken but my foot is ok. I'm in the same boat as you and can't justify the cost of the $500 boots, so I bought a pair of the Thor Quadrant boots because they were less than $200. I'm confident the Thor's would save my foot in that same situation, and there's really nothing wrong with them, but they are a lot more bulky and not as flexible. I'm saving some money and will be buying another pair of Sidi's in a few months, even though it seems so ridiculous to me to spend that kind of money for boots......now I'm a believer.

There are no places to buy SIDI boots in my area. I'm loathe to order them from Motorcycle Superstore because I don't even know how they fit, and I'd have to pay for shipping to return them. On top of that, in the event that they didn't fit, I'd have to purchase ANOTHER pair, and wait for a credit for the first pair, which for such an expensive item is ridiculous. How come SIDI doesn't even have a store or dealer locator? How did you guys buy your SIDI boots?

I read through this thread and was suprised not to see my boots mentioned. When I got back into the dual-sport semi-dirt thing, I figured it was time to move out of the jungle boot realm, so I started looking. I ran into some reviews of Klim's Adrenaline GTX boots that piqued my curiosity. Originally a snowmobile boot, they've made the cross-over into the dual-sport arena, with some good results. My short use of these leave me limited in my ability to say how they'll hold up, but they seem to have the goods for the long haul. They have 600 grams of thinsulate, an articulated ankle, a lug sole and are waterproof. You can walk in them comfortably, something I could never manage wearing the motocross boots of my youth. They run around $190 shipped, but last year's model can be had for $135. They run true to size if you're interested. The only thing I see as a detraction is if your riding style is foot-down in the corners, you'll have a bit of trouble getting the lug soles to release from the foot pegs. Other than that, no complaints as of yet.

I still have my old Hi-points with the metal shin plate on the front, these new plastic boots suck I would like to see some of the old style boots make a come back.