Can this be right??

Here are some pics of my right footpeg, it has some nuts between the frame and the peg, also it seems too low compared to the rear-brake lever, so I guess the previous owner droped the bike and just kind of put it back toghether :ride: Since it's becoming a problem whenever I stand on the footpegs (I brake at the same time without wanting to), can some of you guys post a pic of their XR400 right footpeg?? Maybe I have a peg from other bike model...

If I remove the nuts, the kickstarter won't go all the way down..

THANKS ALL!!

28Jan_0005.jpg

28Jan_0004.jpg

28Jan_0003.jpg

28Jan_0002.jpg

28Jan_0001.jpg

Someone added the nuts so the peg would clear the kickstarter.

Either the peg mount is bent, or the frame tube that the peg mount mounts to is twisted. Look for signs of the frame tube buckling.

That looks like the right mount and the stock peg.

The brake lever height can be adjusted. None of the pictures show the brake master cylinder, so I can't tell how it's adjusted. The brake pedal does look too high tho, like it has been bent a time or two also.

PegMount.jpg

I don't know about hte rest of it, but I am damn sure there are NOT supposed to be nuts between the footpeg bracket and the frame. That's actually a weak spot on our bikes (although not as badly as on the XR650R) and it seems that would make it even worse.

I'll take a look at mine a shoot a picture of it (while I take a picture of the back of my stator) when I get home later.

I don't know about hte rest of it, but I am damn sure there are NOT supposed to be nuts between the footpeg bracket and the frame. That's actually a weak spot on our bikes (although not as badly as on the XR650R) and it seems that would make it even worse.

I'll take a look at mine a shoot a picture of it (while I take a picture of the back of my stator) when I get home later.

I know!!, nuts are not supposed to be there!! Thanks Man

Either the peg mount is bent, or the frame tube that the peg mount mounts to is twisted. Look for signs of the frame tube buckling.

The brake lever height can be adjusted. None of the pictures show the brake master cylinder, so I can't tell how it's adjusted.

So maybe the frame is bent?, now that's NOT cool... I'll take a look later when I go home.. And shoot photos of the brake cylinder too.. For what I remember the adjustment is sitting right in the middle..

THANKS!!

yeah, mine doesn't have the nuts on there.

The brake lever height can be adjusted. None of the pictures show the brake master cylinder, so I can't tell how it's adjusted. The brake pedal does look too high tho, like it has been bent a time or two also.

PegMount.jpg

THANKS FOR THE PIC!!

However your peg mount seems longer than mine, I noticed you have a wider peg but the mount seems longer to me, I'll send a PIC of the brake adjustment later on...

As usual, Trailryder to the rescue! :ride:

I do have wider pegs. They're the IMS Pro Series.

Here's a pic from the front.

PegMount2.jpg

THANKS FOR THE PIC!!

However your peg mount seems longer than mine,

brake.jpg

Heres what mine looks like on my 250, and i know the 250 and the 400 use the same frame

brake.jpg

Heres what mine looks like on my 250, and i know the 250 and the 400 use the same frame

I think this is it! Your XR250 peg mount looks just like mine! And Trailryder's looks a lot longer, could it be that the XR250 is shorter than the 400? Maybe the previous owner broke the thing and replaced it with the 250 one.. :ride:

PegMount.jpg

Check it out! Frame for I inspected is not bent or doesn't seem to have kinks at all. Looks solid.

But the peg looks bent from the side and also looks shorter from the top compared to the left one... Here are some pics (also is the pic from the master cylinder) THANKS GUYS for actually taking the time to go out and take a picture of your loyal thumper.

28Jan_0013.jpg

28Jan_0014.jpg

28Jan_0009.jpg

28Jan_0010.jpg

Master Cylinder Rear

28Jan_0008.jpg

Master Cylinder Side

28Jan_0007.jpg

xr400s pegs get hit alot and the frame gives I had to shim mine too.

Your brake pedal has definately been bent.

Edited by Trailryder42
xr400s pegs get hit alot and the frame gives I had to shim mine too.

Did you shim it because you couldn't kickstart it anymore??

Thanks Paco!

brake.jpg

Here! at least I know they do have different part numbers and cost different too (TT Store)

2001 XR250R Right Footpeg Mount

ARM, R. *NH146M*

50615-KCZ-000ZB

2001 XR400R Right Footpeg Mount

BRACKET, R. *NH146M*

50615-KCY-760ZB

Maybe the right thing to do is just order the dang mount and start from there...

i bent the peg mount a few times on my xr. i pullid it off the bike and bolted it to a steel fab. table and pried it back in place with a 3' steel pipe. considering how much effort it took to tweak it back i'm not really sure how i bent it in the first place.

i bent the peg mount a few times on my xr. i pullid it off the bike and bolted it to a steel fab. table and pried it back in place with a 3' steel pipe. considering how much effort it took to tweak it back i'm not really sure how i bent it in the first place.

Did you have to heat it up? Or just pure muscle!?

You brake pedal has definately been bent.

Looks like I'm going to have to pull those 2 parts out and try to re-shape them. While I'm there I'll also try to remove and grease the swingarm bolt (I just read your swingarm post, not cool to cut the swingarm out!!)

THANKS!

Did you have to heat it up? Or just pure muscle!?

no heat, just muscle, leverage, and profanity in abundance.

no heat, just muscle, leverage, and profanity in abundance.

Good one! :ride: