Biking around Scottsdale Feb 9-14th?

Just wondering if anyone knew of any races or such in the greater metro Phoenix area going on those dates. I go south for work about 3 times per year and other than driving around to bike shops I have done nothing biking related. I called a few places but no one rents mx bikes and the logistics of renting a truck, getting a bike, finding a open mx track, taking it all back afterwards. My evenings are mostly free but that would mean finding a track with lights. I guess that's why guys golf, it's easier to manage. I leave the frozen north and go to Scottsdale and all I can think to myself is I should be biking right now. Even taking in a race would probably be ok. Any ideas? Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knew of any races or such in the greater metro Phoenix area going on those dates. I go south for work about 3 times per year and other than driving around to bike shops I have done nothing biking related. I called a few places but no one rents mx bikes and the logistics of renting a truck, getting a bike, finding a open mx track, taking it all back afterwards. My evenings are mostly free but that would mean finding a track with lights. I guess that's why guys golf, it's easier to manage. I leave the frozen north and go to Scottsdale and all I can think to myself is I should be biking right now. Even taking in a race would probably be ok. Any ideas? Thanks

Tracks are open every day of week here year round, except monday. We have so many to choose from as well:

Grindingstone

Canyon

Speedworld

ET

ACP (arizona cycle park)

Firebird

Motoland

Most of these tracks have night practice during the week (on weekends as well in the summer). There are trails/single track near Scottsdale as well. So you have lots of options:thumbsup:

is grinding stone the one out by fountain hills. I work out of Scottsdale while there? Any have night practice to watch? The only bikes I can find to rent are crf450x's which are not exactly a track bike.

ya grinding stone is pretty much it out there but its not like a traditional mx track its more like a GP track....not as many jumps. I used to race there before they made it a public track

ya grinding stone is pretty much it out there but its not like a traditional mx track its more like a GP track....not as many jumps. I used to race there before they made it a public track

I would put it as more of a Traditional and not a Modern track:p It is mostly natural terrain, but still fun as all heck....it is only about 15 minutes from 101/FLW:thumbsup: Speedworld, Canyon, and ET all have night practice during the week. ACP, Firebird, Grindingstone, and Motoland just during the day...although in the summer Firebrid and ACP will have night practices as well:thumbsup:There is a race nearly every weekend somewhere, best source for MX races is www.gomxracing.com :ride:

Also if you dont mind driving motoland in one of my favorites....one of the loamiest of the bunch

I looked up a you tube video called a lap at motoland, looks like a lot of fun, probably crazy dusty when dry but lots of nice jumps and rythm sections. At one point I looked into renting a storage unit to leave a bike and gear in but it all adds up. Probably look into renting a offroad bike and just hitting some single track around Scottsdale. Most of the guys that ride seriously here drive down to California then leave their bike and trailer and just fly down each month to ride and bring it all back in the spring. Thanks for all the info.