Stoked!!

Well i just ordered my JD kit and extended fuel screw for my stock 2006 DRZ "S".:lol: Ordered it tis morning and its been shipped already.:ride: I've done a lot of reading on how to install it and looked at the video on utube. It seems straight forward, except for the jetting. Does the install instructions tell you what jets to install? Im assuming its based on where you live.

I've done some searches to see if anybody near where i live in Georgetown Ontario Canada. But came up with only a few, but no info on jetting in the ones i found. Does the kit come with everything i need to do the mod or is there other jets i need to buy?

JD kit rocks

nope, JD kit is very complete.As far as jetting goes look for the 3x3 master post

What elevation are you at there in Georgetown?

What elevation are you at there in Georgetown?

The only thing for elevation i found near me is Toronto airport and its at Elevation: 173 meters = 567.585302 feet

This is what I'd do:

* JD Jet Kit with 3x3 mod *

- 155 main jet (160 main with open exhaust)

- factory 22.5 pilot jet with Keintech fuel screw (25 pilot with factory screw)

- blue needle, 4th clip

-2.5-2.75 turn open on the fuel screw

This is what I'd do:

* JD Jet Kit with 3x3 mod *

- 155 main jet (160 main with open exhaust)

- factory 22.5 pilot jet with Keintech fuel screw (25 pilot with factory screw)

- blue needle, 4th clip

-2.5-2.75 turn open on the fuel screw

OK,

JD kit on the way. Will cut 3x3 hole. Keintech fuel screw is also on the way. So dont change the factory pilot screw?

Blue needle, 4th clip. I assume the blue needle is in the kit? Does the kit come with a assortment of needles?

And 2.5 to 2.75 turns of the fuel screw. Now do i need to screw the fuel screw back in when its hot and running till it almost stalls and then turn it back out again till the engine runs smooth? I have read this in some posts.

Thanks for your help by the way.:ride:

PS whats a (open exhaust). Mine is the stock exhaust that came on the bike.

OK,

JD kit on the way. Will cut 3x3 hole. Keintech fuel screw is also on the way. So dont change the factory pilot screw?

With the Keintech screw most times the factory 22.5 pilot jet works better than the 25 pilot.

Blue needle, 4th clip. I assume the blue needle is in the kit? Does the kit come with a assortment of needles?

The kit comes with two needles - blue and red. The blue is for low altitude, the red for high altitude.

And 2.5 to 2.75 turns of the fuel screw. Now do i need to screw the fuel screw back in when its hot and running till it almost stalls and then turn it back out again till the engine runs smooth? I have read this in some posts.

The 2.5-2.75 turns open is a starting point. Set the screw before reinstalling the carb on the bike. You can fine tune it once everything is back together.

Thanks for your help by the way.:ride:

PS whats a (open exhaust). Mine is the stock exhaust that came on the bike.

An open exhaust refers to an aftemarket exhaust with larger header and no restrictions in the muffler (such as spark arrestor or sound controlling device).

Thanks ptgarcia.:ride:

Now i have a better understanding of what the jetting process is going to be like. And how to go about setting it up. I really appreciate your help.:lol:

Cant wait to get the kit now! Wont be till next week i guess. Still way to cold here at -10 C to ride but she will be ready to go in the spring.

Im still saving my milk money for the kit.. I hope it is what its hyped up to be on a stock bike.

I had to get a necessity first like a bar.. after a drop.

From the factory , these bikes are set up to pass emission laws . Which means the jetting isnt the best for riding . Standard jetting has surging at constant throttle in the lower gears and is sensitive to opening and closing the throttle . In different countries they have been fitted with many types of pollution control devices , throttle controls and air restrictions both in the intake and airbox , which when all is said and done , hinder the running of the bike . Just standard and with all of this crap removed , then properly rejetted , vastly improves the DRZ and makes it a joy to ride , greg