Sign in to follow this  

Cold Weather Hand guards--where are they

I've seen some guys with them, I think Moose sells them, they are big wind socks for your bars. I know I've seen the quad guys with em.

I had the powermadd gauntlants back in my quad days.... very very nice

little tip on those if you cut a little hole around the end of the opening and run an old coathanger thru it, it will keep the hole open when mud and water start splashing down :ride:

ive also got the moose "elephant ears" they are okay, knock down more wind/mud than regular handguards, but when its real nasty the gauntlants are the way to go!!

I think the elephant ears are what I was thinking about. I don't know if I would be comfortable with my hands incased inside a "sleeve"...

I think the elephant ears are what I was thinking about. I don't know if I would be comfortable with my hands incased inside a "sleeve"...

My buddy swears by them....but I wouldn't wanna jam my hands into those oven mitt looking things.

me and 5 of my friends all run the muffs or guatlets, me and my buddy have the newer style choko ones and they are super warm in 10* weather with thin motocross glove, then another set of older joe rocket ones, a older choko set and the powermadd ones.

we have put them through the ringers and plenty of falls on them and ur hands just slide out there is nothing to get caught on and they are not tight on ur hands they are super loose. cold weather riding its a must for them. i also use mine for racing snocross.

I just picked up a pair of the Quadboss ones from a local shop for $19. It's not cold out yet but I went for a spin and could feel a big difference.

I just ripped the seam and slipped them around my handguards and used the velcro to attach them. Work great. I took them to a neighbor to have her sew on a piece of velcro to keep them a little more stable in the wind. Doesn't really need it though.