Sign in to follow this  

Wheel and tire question

will 285/70-16 rub on my 1500 silverado, whats the size of the stock rim on the 1500, i will be getting rims too and they will be 16x8, i would like to get 17s but they dont make thoes in 8 spoke 6 lug:banghead: and idea of what tires i should get, it dose see some dirt when i go hunting and stuff but that about it. M/T's would be nice in the snow tho

and what does offset mean.....how much it will stick out?

here is the truck,

100_0450.jpg

Edited by Berm-Saw

I run those same size tires on a 16" rim for my 2500HD....it does not rub. I purchased Toyo A/T and have done well so far over the past year.

You may have to trim the corner of the air dam a bit but other than that they will fit.

Steve

I run those same size tires on a 16" rim for my 2500HD....it does not rub. I purchased Toyo A/T and have done well so far over the past year.

got pics?

You going to a tire thats maybe just an inch taller, but almost 2 inches wider.... make sure you wont rub on your fenderwells.

1.1 in. actually, mabey i will go 285/65, they are the same size, as in tallness compaired to my 265/70's

I have the exact same truck with the same set up and the same size tires and they clear by a good amount

got pics?

Edited by Berm-Saw

285-75-16. crank your stock torsion bars 6 full revolutions or so to level it out. your wheels shouldnt have some crazy offset being an 8" wide. 4.5" is about the norm. i have the same rig cranked my keys ran 315-75-16's for a while and they only rubbed at full crank, but dont get any ideas it was rather stuffed looking. So 285's will fit just fine

i dont really wanna lift because of mpg issues, but it doest look cool i admit, i just dont wanna get shit mpg, thanks guys, thanks for pic hempstead