48 pilot anyone else?

So, I was under the impression that my 07 yz250 came stock with 178main, 50pilot, but according to the motosport.com web site, its a 48 pilot. Sure enough when i cracked her open, it had a 48. I thought for the 1st ower put that 48 in there, but now motosport has me thinking???

More a question of is your bike jetted properly for your riding style and area?

Everything I've ever seen references a 50 pilot as stock. In your thread when you got the bike you said it had been 100% built and setup by MDK, I wouldn't for a second think they'd leave stock jetting in there (unless it happened to be perfect for their setup).

Everything I've ever seen references a 50 pilot as stock. In your thread when you got the bike you said it had been 100% built and setup by MDK, I wouldn't for a second think they'd leave stock jetting in there (unless it happened to be perfect for their setup).

It was a 100% built by MDK(Mike Foster) now called Blonix Speed. When i spoke to him, he told me the owner had been tring different jetting. It's pretty close to stock on the jets. I got on motosport.com web site to order a 50, and they show it with a 48, so it kinda threw me off.

My 2007 YZ250 had a #50 pilot jet installed from the factory.

So, I was under the impression that my 07 yz250 came stock with 178main, 50pilot, but according to the motosport.com web site, its a 48 pilot. Sure enough when i cracked her open, it had a 48. I thought for the 1st ower put that 48 in there, but now motosport has me thinking???

Mine came with a 50 PJ, 178 MJ. Bike came from SoCal.

Bought 48 and 45 PJ's, and 175 and 172 MJ's while finding my way with jetting.

I run a 42 at sea level. Runs great. Starts first kick and Idles Smooth as. Tried going back richer but runs ruff. Float hieght is spot on.:ride:

What main and needle are you running with a 42 pilot? what temps at sea level?

Temp around 20-30celcius and I run the STD N3CW Needle. I have tried the CJ needle but This is no good. Im running 1.2mm Squish.

My bike had not been touched since the previous owner bought it, fully stock on everything.

The other day I took out the carb and was checking my jetting and sure enough I too had a 48 pilot and not a 50 like the manual specified...

Something tells me that the previous owner didn't touch it...

I have an 05

My bike had not been touched since the previous owner bought it, fully stock on everything.

The other day I took out the carb and was checking my jetting and sure enough I too had a 48 pilot and not a 50 like the manual specified...

Something tells me that the previous owner didn't touch it...

I have an 05

The standard jetting can be different for different countries. For the us it was a 50, but Canada might have been a 48. Some of the other countries still use the older, lower compression head as well.