Sign in to follow this  

Supercross First time at the Supercross

Me and my son are going to the Supercross this weekend in San Francisco for the first time. We have pit passes and were going early. I was wondering if there are any special things to look for. I dont want to miss anything cool. Thanks. Tom

If you want a autograph of Bubba you'll need a special pass. atleats thats how it was last year... youll need to get there early and go to the JS tent (i think) to get them.. thats what someone told me anyway... well have fun. :ride:

u may need passes for chad idk but andrew and davi and guys like that should not need a pass

I'm going for the first time too with my gf. I can't wait we leave tomorrow. I heard that same thing about having a special pit pass. Does anyone know where the public can get one?

I don't go in for the autographs anymore but did see a year or so ago that you had to stand in line to get a ticket so that you could stand in line later for the autograph. I'll gladly do that for Jesus, but not for anyone else. :ride:

If you know any industry members, possibly a large dealer in the area you might be able to get a track pass and walk the track before the race. That is one of my best memories, actually standing in the waist high whoops gives you a new appreciation of the talent out there. Have fun.

If you know any industry members, possibly a large dealer in the area you might be able to get a track pass and walk the track before the race. That is one of my best memories, actually standing in the waist high whoops gives you a new appreciation of the talent out there. Have fun.

Daniel Blair - Pro was advertising a hook up for just that type of ticket for $200 I think he could only get a couple though.

I don't go in for the autographs anymore but did see a year or so ago that you had to stand in line to get a ticket so that you could stand in line later for the autograph. I'll gladly do that for Jesus, but not for anyone else. :ride:

Yeah, I think I'll pass, too.

Daniel Blair - Pro was advertising a hook up for just that type of ticket for $200 I think he could only get a couple though.

Forget that. $200 isn't worth it.

I don't mean to hijack this thread but why do they do autograph sessions the way they do? I used to go to NHRA drag races and they had no set sessions. Each driver could sign autographs any time they wanted so over the course of a day you had many opportunities to get an autograph without waiting for hours. It also gave you the chance to actually talk to some of the drivers.

Steve

I don't mean to hijack this thread but why do they do autograph sessions the way they do? I used to go to NHRA drag races and they had no set sessions. Each driver could sign autographs any time they wanted so over the course of a day you had many opportunities to get an autograph without waiting for hours. It also gave you the chance to actually talk to some of the drivers.

Steve

Because most of today's riders are douchebags and wouldnt give you the time unless their sponsors made them.

Because most of today's riders are douchebags and wouldnt give you the time unless their sponsors made them.

Or maybe because a controlled autograph session is organized and crowd control is maintained.:ride:

Really? Remember it is race day, these guys have a lot of work to do. They need to set aside time for practice, bike setup, etc. Its not like they've got nothing better to do than wait for you to show up at their tent.

Last year I think only JS and CR had some type of pre-qualification for autographs. And that's only because they are so popular. If everyone that wanted an autograph lined up it would be chaos. Most of the other riders had set autograph sessions but if you saw them walking through the pits they'd sign whatever you gave them or pose with you for a quick picture.

BTW, my son and I met James Stewart at a local race in December. He was very gracious and definitely NOT a douchbag.

I'm going for the first time too with my gf. I can't wait we leave tomorrow. I heard that same thing about having a special pit pass. Does anyone know where the public can get one?

Well to walk around in the pit area where everyone will be before the race you'll need a pit pass, or a monster energy can... Not sure how you get the pit passes though, I just drunk a monster on the way last time.

If you want a bubba autograph you'll need an additional pass specifically for that.