Sign in to follow this  

I'm back...I missed this place!

After I sold my XT550 I kind of lost touch with Thumpertalk. :-(

I spent a bit of time tinkering with my 2-strokes since then...between the 02 Blaster, the 71 RT-1 that was my dad's last bike, and the 72 DT-250...I've had my hands full!

I bought my son a TTR-90 in late summer and welded up some under-frame training wheels for it, and so far he's had a blast! Between electric start and semi-auto it's been pretty hassle free for him. He keeps asking me to take the training wheels off, so this spring we'll probably be doing a little trail riding.

A friend of the family bought himself a tricked-out CRF450X, so this week I finally got to buy his "old" XR400R (I always wanted one). I can't wait until this latest snowstorm blows over so I can maybe take it for a few trial runs!

I'm sure I'll have some questions in the near future as I sort out these 2 new-to-me thumpers. In the meantime I'll be browsing and enjoying the return!

Thanks everyone for keeping this place alive and kicking!

D

Yeah, or at least keep me on thumpers again for awhile! I haven't stopped riding since I was oh...about 5 years old. I just change my mounts every now and then! Thanks for the welcome.