Quick question about Edge Tail light

So I picked up a 09 SM yesterday and the stock tail piece def has to go. On the Edge tail light is there a place to mount the blinkers?? Could I see some pics of your set up??

Thanks for any help

So I picked up a 09 SM yesterday and the stock tail piece def has to go. On the Edge tail light is there a place to mount the blinkers?? Could I see some pics of your set up??

Thanks for any help

If you go to the place you bought it......You will/can see two 90 deg. angle brackets. You use them to mount the blinkers on......They in turn then mount on the subframe.....:ride::thumbsup:

Erling

The new Edge tail light comes with blinker stays, but they are for the Edge blinkers, not the stock ones. I found this out the hard way. I ordered the tail light and the bracket to mount the stock blinkers on the Edge tail light. When my package arrived the invoice said the bracket is no longer available. The instructions state the stays that come with the kit are for the Moto LED blinkers, not the stock ones. You may be able to mount the stock blinkers in the Edge blinker stays, but it wouldn't look right. So, I had to order the Moto LED blinkers (I went with the 602's). The blinkers arrived last night and I went right to work installing them and the tail light. Haven't got the chance to take a good pic yet, but here is a crappy quality pic I took with my cell phone...

edgetaillight.jpg

thanks for the help guys:thumbsup:

On the motosrano site it says there are spots for the blinkers on the flat side but every picture Ive seen with the Edge tail light the blinkers are mounted on the subframe so I knew there was some sort of catch.

I bought mine and some DRC blinkers, all tinted versions, from Wheeling, it came with directions that shows how to mount them, I ended up cutting off the original mounting tabs on the subframe for the blinkers and used the parts in the kit, buy some nylon locknuts or use Locktite for the bolts, you may need to shore up the license plate bracket as the Edge kit did not fit my Texas plate, all in all the setup looks great, I posted some pic on another Edge thread about two weeks ago, I thought there was an option for a bracket for the stock turn signals, call Wheeling Cycle Supply and they should help you or PM me if you like

here is a pic:

rearLEDs.jpg

When i did my Edge it came with the blinker stays (2 90 Degree brackets) they are made for an 8mm blinker stud. Not sure what size the stock blinker studs are, but all i did is reverse the blinker stays and mounted the blinkers in the smaller hole and the bigger hole is on the subframe side

DSCF2087.jpg

I did exactly the same thing.

I also noticed that it is possible (if not easy) to pivot the indicators back or forwards somewhat - sort of like motor vehicle mirrors that give way when bumped. I think this might have some benefit when laying the bike down. I am not going to try and prove this, but I'm sure time will tell. :ride:

When i did my Edge it came with the blinker stays (2 90 Degree brackets) they are made for an 8mm blinker stud. Not sure what size the stock blinker studs are, but all i did is reverse the blinker stays and mounted the blinkers in the smaller hole and the bigger hole is on the subframe side

The light is great and easy to install. The brackets are just a simple L bracket that will allow you to attach the blinker. I purchased the Edge and Type 601 flasher. Just to let you know if you choose an LED you will get the quick flashing blinker lights. I don’t really care but some do.

Is the edge tail light supposed to go above or below the subframe? im not in the same city as my bike right now so i cant just go check. Just wondering before i install.

Is the edge tail light supposed to go above or below the subframe? im not in the same city as my bike right now so i cant just go check. Just wondering before i install.

Above :ride:

The new Edge tail light comes with blinker stays, but they are for the Edge blinkers, not the stock ones. I found this out the hard way. I ordered the tail light and the bracket to mount the stock blinkers on the Edge tail light. When my package arrived the invoice said the bracket is no longer available. The instructions state the stays that come with the kit are for the Moto LED blinkers, not the stock ones. You may be able to mount the stock blinkers in the Edge blinker stays, but it wouldn't look right. So, I had to order the Moto LED blinkers (I went with the 602's). The blinkers arrived last night and I went right to work installing them and the tail light. Haven't got the chance to take a good pic yet, but here is a crappy quality pic I took with my cell phone...

edgetaillight.jpg

I mounted factory blinkers to the brackets in the Edge kit with no problem. I didn't modify anything, just bolted everything up.

P1010307.jpg

I did exactly the same thing.

I also noticed that it is possible (if not easy) to pivot the indicators back or forwards somewhat - sort of like motor vehicle mirrors that give way when bumped. I think this might have some benefit when laying the bike down. I am not going to try and prove this, but I'm sure time will tell. :ride:

Yeah, mine do the same thing. They stay put when riding, but in a fall or if I kick them hard enough when getting on the bike they pivot some making breakage less likely.

Above :ride:

Thanks Alot!

I mounted factory blinkers to the brackets in the Edge kit with no problem. I didn't modify anything, just bolted everything up.

I mocked the stock blinkers up on the L brackets that come with the kit. Just didn't look right to me. The stock blinkers are almost as big as the Edge tail light. IMHO, the Moto LED blinkers look much better with the Edge tail light.

To each his own...

I mocked the stock blinkers up on the L brackets that come with the kit. Just didn't look right to me. The stock blinkers are almost as big as the Edge tail light. IMHO, the Moto LED blinkers look much better with the Edge tail light.

To each his own...

I agree, the Moto LED lights look better. Just wanted to make it clear the stock blinkers mount up and work fine with the Edge light.

I agree, the Moto LED lights look better. Just wanted to make it clear the stock blinkers mount up and work fine with the Edge light.

:ride:

Try these.....

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=27221

those blinkers are really cool! im assuming they are not DOT approved? how do those stay on the plate? did you have to drill a hole?

does the 601 mount up without problems to the edge's stays?

Try these.....

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=27221

nice thats a sweet setup, I guess no worrying about snaped off blinkers.

where did you get those??

Here's another dilema. The guy I bought my DRZ from cut off the back of the subframe. I don't have the plate that the Edge mounts onto. Any ideas other than drilling holes in the fender itself and mounting to it?

Thanks.