XC F Valves

Are the XC F valves stainless? How much top-end time can you get on a XC F 250?

I've ridden 2-strokes and 4-strokes, like em both, but damn I'm not gonna miss my crf450r on maintenance.

Will the mfg's ever listen to riders complaining about durability? I couldn't believe it the first time I saw a two ring piston in a 4-stroke! Is the design always going to be the lightest components, fastest revving, replace often?(A friend just put a $1,000 in a RMZ 450 with less than 55hrs):ride:

I know bikes in the past were not as fast but man they lasted longer, I had big bore bikes(even air-cooled) that I rode for years with out rebuilding ***!!!!:lol:

Will the mfg's ever listen to riders complaining about durability? I couldn't believe it the first time I saw a two ring piston in a 4-stroke!

I sold a KTM 400 with over 20,000 hard miles on it. The piston was a 2 ring, short skirt setup. A LOT of riders are getting 30k+ on the 525s. A 2 ring setup is going to cause less bore wear with the only down side a possibility of a slight loss in controlling compression versus a 3 ring design. Most piston failures in 4 stroke dirt bikes are not ring related. Usually it's skirt wear necessitating piston replacement. With the tighter machining tolerances and better materials available now the 2 ring design is likely superior to the 3 ring designs, especially in high revving 250f machines.