Install Indicators on 2001 xr250r - Help

Hey all,

I need to install some indicators on my bike to register my xr250r, is there a wiring diagram that makes it easier to install?

I did have a quick look in the service manual but i saw nothing that helps

Thanks

Conrad

Edited by Cain

Look behind the headlight and see if the flasher unit is there ?, mine came with them fitted but wiring was all in place including flasher unit.

You might need to get an aftermarket kit such as the baja design kit That will give you another wireing harness and everything is plug and play.

Hey all,

I need to install some indicators on my bike to register my xr250r, is there a wiring diagram that makes it easier to install?

I did have a quick look in the service manual but i saw nothing that helps

Thanks

Conrad

You can buy individual parts of the wire harness I believe. XR's Only or Baja Designs.

Look behind the headlight and see if the flasher unit is there ?, mine came with them fitted but wiring was all in place including flasher unit.

Do you have a picture of the flasher unit?

I Think i should also mention i am located in Australia.

Do you have a picture of the flasher unit?

Not handy but remove the front headlight cover only 2 screws 1 either side and then looking @ the front of the bike it's to the left side of the headlight cannot really miss it black & round and close to the ignition module.

Should have writing on the side saying flasher rating.

I think that is a voltage regulator/rectifier you're looking at.

What I took to be the flasher unit was in a rectangular black box in a rubber mount with Nippondenso on it, also in the same place.

Ignition module(CDI unit) is on the frame under the fuel tank on a 2 fiddy.