Cr125 in glamis???

Dunes are rough on the 125's. Don't run the 8 paddle, stick with a 6 as it takes some of the load off the engine. Ride bowls, jump it, have a good time. Just be carful about lugging it down. That's what puts the heat in the motor and burns them up.

Dunes are rough on the 125's. Don't run the 8 paddle, stick with a 6 as it takes some of the load off the engine. Ride bowls, jump it, have a good time. Just be carful about lugging it down. That's what puts the heat in the motor and burns them up.

what do you mean about lugging it down?

Keep the revs up and don't short shift. It's tricky in the sand because when you enter a bowl or start a sharp turn the bike loses a lot of speed. You need to make it habit to drop a gear as you begin such a manuver. Lugging it down, full throttle at low rpms, creates very high cylinder pressures which cause detonation which causes the heat which causes piston seizures.

Never been to Glamis but I ride the dunes at Silver lake Michigan. Friend rides a 125. He is about 150 lbs. and has no trouble. Keep the revs up I agree and we jet one or two richer on the main for dune work. Even on my cr500 when I had it.