Are CA Ride Reports with Pics No Longer Appropriate For Public Forums?

California

Bill_P asked me to post this poll on his behalf since he is to cheap to buy a membership to the team TT side of things.

Just kidd'n Bill. :ride:

I have learned the hard way that there is definitely a fine line on what you can and can't post. I have been told to post nothing but OHV park rides.:ride:

Dang RM, you're fast.......

Thanks to LTK for hosting this poll for me/us.

I asked to keep it annonymous so that people could vote freely.

After getting in trouble for even questioning why a certain thread of a legal riding area was requested to be pulled from TT due to it's "exposure", I had to stop and wonder what is happening to us. Why are we cowering in fear? Why are the cool ride reports heading to "other" forums and blogs?

I'm curious what the majority here think. Vote for your preferred option. Sorry if I left your preference off - you can add it below if you like. Let's see what's up.

Then of course there's the issue of GPS tracks. We'll save that for another thread....

Vote early and vote often!

I have learned the hard way that there is definitely a fine line on what you can and can't post. I have been told to post nothing but OHV park rides.:ride:

I have posted photos of our local ohv area and had a local send me a pm telling me not to publish our 'little riding area!'

WTH its a well documented follow the signs and go ride area! Whatever!

Dang RM, you're fast.......

After getting in trouble for even questioning why a certain thread of a legal riding area was requested to be pulled from TT due to it's "exposure", I had to stop and wonder what is happening to us. Why are we cowering in fear? Why are the cool ride reports heading to "other" forums and blogs?

I'm curious what the majority here think. Vote for your preferred option. Sorry if I left your preference off - you can add it below if you like. Let's see what's up.

Then of course there's the issue of GPS tracks. We'll save that for another thread....

Vote early and vote often!

You can only vote once......unless you know someone in Acorn.:ride:

should i post some pix of prairie city or should we keep that place secret?:ride:

Feel free to post photos, don't go into great, if any, details, about where and when. If someone wants to know that info, they can PM the poster, who will, or will not reply.

Use common sense on photos taken somewhere you aren't supposed to be, don't be like people who post photos of themselves with guns and drugs on myspace...

Post away! I would like to see threads with pictures of riders cutting fences, riding in designated wilderness, raping sheep, shooting guns, drinkin SoCo, and just being the miscreants we all are:thumbsup:

I really never even thought about this honestly. It's a shame we have to censor ourselves. This is a tough one, but like anything, use common sense. Unfortunately common sense is not so common:confused:

I enjoy reading ride reports.

Bill_P asked me to post this poll on his behalf since he is to cheap to buy a membership to the team TT side of things.

Just kidd'n Bill. :lol:

Well I wonder how I voted on this one? :bonk::D:lol: A ride report with pictures who would ever dare do such a thing? :ride:

Well I wonder how I voted on this one? :lol::bonk::D A ride report with pictures who would ever dare do such a thing? :ride:

Well, I see 1 voted for delete the pictures from TT:foul:

How's the foot:bonk:

Well I wonder how I voted on this one? :lol::bonk::D A ride report with pictures who would ever dare do such a thing? :ride:

I don't know if you've been following the last few days walt. Brutal censoring by individual members (not officially) going on. Ugly threats. Lots of PM-ing. No fun.....

I got my azz handed to me a couple of times for even questioning why it was not OK to talk about a completely LEGAL area. Go figure.

This forum is getting wild......

Well, I see 1 voted for delete the pictures from TT:foul:

How's the foot:bonk:

The foot's fine it's the three broken ribs that are slowing things up. Knew I hurt them on the ride just didn't realize how bad.

I don't know if you've been following the last few days walt. Brutal censoring going on. Ugly threats. Lots of PM-ing. No fun.....

I got my azz handed to me a couple of times for even questioning why it was not OK to talk about a completely LEGAL area. Go figure.

This forum is getting wild......

No I haven't really been paying much attention the last couple of weeks. Somebody getting upset about a completely legal area? Not like we haven't seen that before. Who's censoring what?

DEATH & TAXES... Now we gotta worry about this sh............... Rock on...

Somebody getting upset about a completely legal area? Not like we haven't seen that before. Who's censoring what?

After all that you want names?? :ride::lol::lol:

Do your homework. You'll figure it out.

Well I dont understand why we wouldnt want to see ride reports. So long as they dont advertise flagrant illegal riding areas. I luckily live in a area that has plenty of legal areas to ride. So I dont see the need to break the rules. I say allow the local group to give out info on the secret spots if need be to whom they think are trustworthy. Other wise dont post up more ammo to those who will say "see we told you so" to those who run things...........................Oldskoo11

Its only OK in SoCal. Lynchings in the N. Unless you ride Prairie City. We just lost Clear Creek. Steer them to Stony cuz I dont want to share!

Its funny thou, u could post a picture of a place that only u and others who have been there could possibly know about, but people act like you gave gps coordinates. What happens or could happen is that someone may post up,"Hey Ive been there that is such and such place". Even if they are wrong someone elses ass may get hurt because their spot was just given up. I like to share but its not worth the grief. Other people post up, "Hey dont give away our spots" or "Hey your going to ruin it for everyone". And that just puts the thread back to the top for more people to look at. Or I would think that if everybody is fighting over this spot it must be theshit, lets find out were it is!

I wish I wish I could do what pleases me and F everybody else.

After all that you want names?? :ride::lol::lol:

Do your homework. You'll figure it out.

Homework I hate homework. :bonk::D:lol: Not real sure if I want to figure it out probably just piss me off. The day one can't share a great days riding experience with fellow TT members will be a sad day indeed.

Its only OK in SoCal. Lynchings in the N. Unless you ride Prairie City. We just lost Clear Creek. Steer them to Stony cuz I dont want to share!

Its funny thou, u could post a picture of a place that only u and others who have been there could possibly know about, but people act like you gave gps coordinates. What happens or could happen is that someone may post up,"Hey Ive been there that is such and such place". Even if they are wrong someone elses ass may get hurt because their spot was just given up. I like to share but its not worth the grief. Other people post up, "Hey dont give away our spots" or "Hey your going to ruin it for everyone". And that just puts the thread back to the top for more people to look at. Or I would think that if everybody is fighting over this spot it must be theshit, lets find out were it is!

I wish I wish I could do what pleases me and F everybody else.

All I can say is that after the travel management process is done the forests are going to be ramping up enforcement in a big way. I'm sure that some will continue to use those secret spots, but all the legal trails will be well documented in easily available form. Yes it will suck.