Metal base gasket "tab"?

Can anyone post a picture of what the tab that sticks out of the head with a metal base gasket installed? The previous owner said a mechanic told him that it needed one, but after all this bike has had to show, I think the mechanic was slightly retarded, and I think it already has a new metal base gasket due to some random tab coming out of the engine, that and its not leaking oil anywhere from the top end.

THANKS.

Then you just scored on a good deal of a bike. They though it needed work but really doesnt, bad for them good for you. If it is not leakin then ride it like you stole it.

Can anyone post a picture of what the tab that sticks out of the head with a metal base gasket installed? The previous owner said a mechanic told him that it needed one, but after all this bike has had to show, I think the mechanic was slightly retarded, and I think it already has a new metal base gasket due to some random tab coming out of the engine, that and its not leaking oil anywhere from the top end.

THANKS.

It's actually two tabs... they are for the little brass hollow rivets that hold the layered gasket together (obviously these can't be between the cylinder and case). One ends up being on the left side toward the back of the cylinder and the other on the right front. Here they are pictured in Procycle's top end performance kit:

top-end-kit.jpg

totally forgot to check when I was working on my bike earlier. Got a new D606 on the front at my buddys shop. Hooked me up with one of THESE too. Also put on some folding mirrors as my bike only had the left stock one on. Have to go riding a bit this weekend since we are supposed to get yet another storm next week for a few days:banghead: