2009 YZ450F - Mods Complete

Thanks guys.

I'm not riding woods much either these days, but I don't have the budget right now for the new "unbreakable" (black) levels I want. The handguards are really just acting like lever-savers for the time being!

I actually want to hang a black rear sprocket on her anyway. Along with a TMD chain guide (black), case guard (black) and rear disk guard (black). But that's it! :ride:

I like hand guards for the protection they provide my hands from crunched fingers and such in crashes and tip-overs, as well as for the levers and the throttle tube and grips. I prefer the Cycra Pro-Bends, though.

ASV sells refurbished levers on eBay. I got two sets of C5's for less than the cost of one when I got mine. Search for ASV.

Thanks guys.

I'm not riding woods much either these days, but I don't have the budget right now for the new "unbreakable" (black) levels I want. The handguards are really just acting like lever-savers for the time being!

I actually want to hang a black rear sprocket on her anyway. Along with a TMD chain guide (black), case guard (black) and rear disk guard (black). But that's it!?

So.......I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you like black. LOL

Looks good so far. :ride:

Whatcha think? :ride:

Fork Springs, Shock Spring, Amsoil Shock Therapy Fluids, SDG Step Seat, Renthal Fatbars RC High, Moose Hand Guards, Pro Taper Pillow-Top Grips, Twin Air Filter, FLO SS Oil Filter, Dunlop Geomax MX51 Front/Rear, Re-Greased Swingarm/Linkage.

YZ450F.jpg

looks sweet! luv those blk wheels. only thing i would add is an airbox decal to keep it protected from scratches

oh, and that 2010 pic that was posted, doesn't look any faster than ur 09?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a sweet ride that i wish i had! But, if it were me and if i was gonna put it in the woods (as i so LOVE to do) i would route that crank case vent hose into the air box...ask anyone who stalled an kicked their bike in a mudhole, creek crossing or other 12" deep water hole...costly!

I ordered some Flatlands radiator braces yesterday. I noticed I'm starting to get a hint of crush damage to my left rad. The track I ride has a wicked sand section...which usually gets me off the bike at least once per day...

I ordered some Flatlands radiator braces yesterday. I noticed I'm starting to get a hint of crush damage to my left rad. The track I ride has a wicked sand section...which usually gets me off the bike at least once per day...

I know it, damn radiators will crush if the bike accidentally tips over! I'll bet my radiator braces saved my ass a dozen times last summer out in the backcountry.

Since we have five months of snow, I have just spent the past month slowly tearing the bike down and piecing back together to be prepared for spring!!! Love my 09'!

What do you have in mind? The bike performs flawlessly now...couldn't imagine it getting much better.

Mine runs great as well. I got rid of the factory pipe. She was a little lean then, a few turns on the fuel screw and now instead of runs great, she rips !!!! There was a power difference between my Honda and the YZ. After the pipe that problem is gone. Other than the suspension revalve, that made the biggest change to my bike.