Sign in to follow this  

Looking to buy a new clutch?

Im looking to buy a new clutch for my 09 Im thinking either the rekluse or hinson or wiseco clutch? Has anyone used either of these? I ride/race 100% motocross, my motor in my bike my bike is built so im looking for a good clutch to beat on. has anyone used a rekluse cluch for motocross if so how do you like it?

I hear OEM is the best but other then that im thinking Hinson...

I doubt it.That is more for trail riding....

Has anyone put a rekluse clutch in their kxf?

i know a few people that have put them on KX450f's with good results, but mainly to prevent stalling ans mooth out the bottom end snap on them, on a 250F i wouldn't personaly put one on, i've ridden a few 250F's offroad with a recluse and although they are a nice novelty, they sap a bit of pwoer out of it and make it harder to use the clutch to bring the bike into the rev range (very very poor lever feel, and no manual clutch control on the cheaper recluse models)

If you ride and race mx only. You do not want a recluse z clutchs.

How ever thier new clutch system that uses standard baskets will work. Transworld mxa and racerxill all did testing on it and thought it to be good.

Then you can spend the money on a slipper clutch system by hinson.

It dies not fully disengage the clutch but it makes the engine feel like a two stroke I e no engine braking.

The choice is up to you. I'd say a good ol hinson clutch basket and stiffer clutch springs and you'll be fine.