Sign in to follow this  

DZR 110 bogs idle to 100% throttle

It boggs and then picks up when its idling and you grab a full handful of throttle. Bike is all stock and carbs have been cleaned. Any ideas? It runs great if you slow crack open the throttle to full. Think this is main jet range? needle range? or Idle jet?

It boggs and then picks up when its idling and you grab a full handful of throttle. Bike is all stock and carbs have been cleaned. Any ideas? It runs great if you slow crack open the throttle to full. Think this is main jet range? needle range? or Idle jet?

Could be all 3. Pilot jet controls idle to 1/2 throttle, main jet is 1/2 to full. Needle also plays into it. Higher needle more fuel, lower needle less.

What mods do you have? Pipe? Pod filter? Airbox mod?

Stock is 38 pilot 80 main. Needle is not adjustable (meaning you can't raise it without washers).

If you bike has stock pipe stock airbox, I would first change just the pilot to a 40.

If that does not eliminate it I would raise the needle with a small #2 washer under the needle stop. (You can get them at Radio Shack).

If you have a pipe and a filter I would start with 40 pilot and 85 main and raise the needle with one washer.

These bikes are really really lean stock.

Its completely stock. Havnt modified anything on it....yet

I tried putting a washer under the needle and it seemed to run worse. Maybe I will try to mess with the mixture screw?!?

Also havning trouble with it shifting gears. I posted another thread on that.