Sign in to follow this  

Help with seat origin?

Hi, would anyone recognise which XL and year this seat could be from please?

P1000290.jpg?t=1260283838

Take a pic of the way it mounts underneath. Looks like 1982 xl500 and 82 or 83 xl250

Thanks seehogs, I had a look on bikepics but couldn't see one with a red cover. Here's the underneath; there aren't any Honda part codes or numbers stamped/printed on the underside.

DSCF5005.jpg

DSCF5006.jpg

Well, that underside is definitely not what I said it looked like. Maybe a 1983 or later xl/xr500/600? The later xr's mounted like that from the inside of the frame. I think Honda only printed part numbers in ink on the plastic pans, so maybe it is gone? I have a 1987 xr600 seat here and it looks similar but has a rubber piece attached at the rear that covers the back of the airbox and the front hold down is different.

Well, that underside is definitely not what I said it looked like. Maybe a 1983 or later xl/xr500/600? The later xr's mounted like that from the inside of the frame. I think Honda only printed part numbers in ink on the plastic pans, so maybe it is gone? I have a 1987 xr600 seat here and it looks similar but has a rubber piece attached at the rear that covers the back of the airbox and the front hold down is different.

Thanks seehogs for the help but I've just come back to trying to establish which Honda XL and year it's for.

What I did discover on the underside of the foam when I seperated it from the plastic base was the Honda middle part number KB9 which I think is for the XL125RC but I'm damned if I can find another picture of an XL with the red seat. Here's some better pictures; anyone maybe have a look under their seats and possibly help to identify which XL and year?:lol::thumbsup:

DSCF5216.jpg

DSCF5219.jpg

DSCF5217-1.jpg

DSCF5218.jpg

XLseat-Copy.jpg