Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Team Racing Series (OR &WA)

What do you think of a team race series? 6, 12, 24, hour races and even the Fall Classic team race. Keeping track of points would be difficult. I would think award points to individuals based on team results because teams will change from event to event as well as race formats.

Trackmaster had a great idea for am Ironman series. That is a great idea that is easily tracked.

No matter what any formal org does WE can have an informal series of our own. I have a few grenanded parts that might make an interesting trophy.

Ironman series should be simple. What events qualify? 6, 12, & 24 hour OTBG for sure. The 24 hour race SJMC should be in there. Lobos Fall Classic? Dez 100? I like the idea of events that are not part of any other series.

Joe.........

Spawned for this thread: http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=869557

I think it's a great idea, especially the Ironman series, which would be the easiest to keep track of.

I defiantly like the Idea of a endurance series.. GH has one that is very popular. Other areas of the county are doing the same thing..

You know where you can look for a little sponsorship help...

I am interested in the idea of both a Team and Ironman series.

The teams could be managed by registering a Team captain and listing 4 members with 2 alternates.

Ironman, pretty easy to manage.

Allow 1 through away for Ironmen, no through aways for team.

Just a couple of quick thoughts that can be expanded on. I deffinately believe that this could be done.:ride:

I think it's a great idea, especially the Ironman series, which would be the easiest to keep track of.

+1 :ride:

i like the idea of keeping it to 12hr plus races

especally for the ironman class, that makes sense, but if there is a throw away, the 6 hour would most likely be the one i would toss

I would think an ironman series should be weighted. Lets say we used the OMRA points system as a base.

Place Points Place Points

1 75

2 65

3 60

4 55

5 50

6 45

7 40

8 35

9 30

10 25

11 20

12 15

13 10

14 9

15 8

16 7

17 6

18 5

19 4

20 3

21 2

22 1

All races 6 hour and under have no multiplier and earn standard points for the finish. The 12 hour would get a double multiplier and get double points, the 24 hour events would get a 4X multiplier.

So what events qualify? 6, 12 & 24 OTBG events and the 24 hour SJMC event. Any other events?

Joe............

Cross our fingers that we(SJMC) can get a venue for the Buttstomper.

All races 6 hour and under have no multiplier and earn standard points for the finish. The 12 hour would get a double multiplier and get double points, the 24 hour events would get a 4X multiplier.

So what events qualify? 6, 12 & 24 OTBG events and the 24 hour SJMC event. Any other events?

Joe............

I say just use the points with NO multipliers. keep it simple

simple= easy to keep track of.

I also say keep it to 12hr+ only

Cross our fingers that we(SJMC) can get a venue for the Buttstomper.

we almost had one. lets hope

i saw 2 six hour races, 1 twelve hour, and the 24 on the otbg schedule. if scott would allow it i would sponser the trophy, or plaque. i know some other buisnesses that would donate tires and such for the ironmen/women. what if was based on laps rode for the events listed, with no throwaways?

i saw 2 six hour races, 1 twelve hour, and the 24 on the otbg schedule. if scott would allow it i would sponser the trophy, or plaque. i know some other buisnesses that would donate tires and such for the ironmen/women. what if was based on laps rode for the events listed, with no throwaways?

I wouldn't have a problem with the Ironman series or Team for that matter. Only thing I see is a need to go to a colored bib to identify Ironmen, and pit them together to make sure no one slips in a ringer during the longer races.

I wouldn't have a problem with the Ironman series or Team for that matter. Only thing I see is a need to go to a colored bib to identify Ironmen, and pit them together to make sure no one slips in a ringer during the longer races.

I agree with colored bib but disagree with pitting them in a seperate location. Most IM guys utilize other teams that are 5-6 strong to help support them in the longer races (12/24hr) so putting them in a different location than their support crew would hinder their support. Being the forever optimist, I don't see anyone putting a ringer in for a lap.