Sign in to follow this  

Another work related injury...GRAPHIC...

:thumbsup:I do concrete and concrete construction for a living. It is a very physically demnding job and sometimes accidents happen. I am all the time getting cut,bruised,& strained but this is what happens when you try and hold a steel plate against a 2x4 while trusting someone else to hit it with a sledge hammer.

011-1.jpg

It is actually deeper than it looks.I can feel the bone through what meat is left when I poke it.I dont poke it much.Those arent stitches as some have thought they are just cracks in the skin where I work out in the cold,wet,& crud.My hands always get dry and crack in the winter.But hey!It pays the bills, and at least I still have a job.Just thought I would share...

minor flesh wound.... Put a bandaid on it and go riding!

Hey I'm a bricklayer and feel for ya dude! Don't you just love when your finger tips crackand never heal?

Hey I'm a bricklayer and feel for ya dude! Don't you just love when your finger tips crackand never heal?

I'm sitting here typing with a pencil because I have lotion on my hands trying to heal the cracks. Yeah the tips of my fingers crack all the time, concrete gets on them and when it dries it just sucks all the moisture out. Sucks bieng poor and hired out.

I'm sitting here typing with a pencil because I have lotion on my hands trying to heal the cracks. Yeah the tips of my fingers crack all the time, concrete gets on them and when it dries it just sucks all the moisture out. Sucks bieng poor and hired out.

Try not to let any concrete stay on your skin, concrete burns can get really nasty and serious!

Welder, I get burns. Got a few small 3rd degree scars, and several normal burn scars around my extremeties.

Did a partial amputation of my right forearm in '01 when a piece of sheet metal fell on it. 5 months recovery and 2 reconstructives, to get most (but far from all) of the use of my hand back.

But, like you say, pays the bills and buys the bikes.

Only 15 more years to go..

Welder, I get burns. Got a few small 3rd degree scars, and several normal burn scars around my extremeties.

Did a partial amputation of my right forearm in '01 when a piece of sheet metal fell on it. 5 months recovery and 2 reconstructives, to get most (but far from all) of the use of my hand back.

But, like you say, pays the bills and buys the bikes.

Only 15 more years to go..

I here ya, I'm a sheetmetal worker and weld to, there is a variety of ways to get f----- up in this trade.

Man just reading how it happened made me cringe in pain!!! I broke my left elbow on Dec. 8th taking my 5 year old daughter to school. The nert/step bar iced up on the drive to her pre-k school. I stepped on it getting out of the truck, and the next thing I knew I was half way under the car parked next to me. All I remembered happening was during the fall I felt my elbow bend in the wrong way, dislocate, and then pop back in. I wanted to lay there yelling and cussing until somebody came and got me, but my daughter was sitting in the truck looking out the door at where I used to be. I had to put on my big boy pants and act like nothing happened while I took her in for her class. I've had both knees tore up. Both hips dislocated by a '59 Chevy Impala. My nose has been broke more times than I like to admit, and I've even passed a kidney stone. However, this broken elbow was the most intense pain I've ever felt. Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I'm taking forever to heal up.

I'm an electrician, and have my share of work injuries and scars. But that is what makes us trade workers. We wear that red seal proudly, and I think it makes us better people when your getting humbled at work every day.

I use nexcare skin crack care on my fingers. It is like a glue. Helps alot.

I'm a corporate manager and I got a paper cut once. I have no callouses (sp?) at all on my hands, to the point my wife makes fun of me.

My hands are baby soft, but I probably have a crack or two on my brain. Office politics suck...to the point where I've considered changing careers!

Re: cracked hands- I've been using something called Aquaphor on the fingers/hands this year. It feels kinda greasy, but first time in a lot of winters with no cracks. It's cheap enough to get a couple of tubes for home and the truck. I think a big part of the success is having it handy to keep putting it on. Get it at the supermarket.

I'm a corporate manager and I got a paper cut once. I have no callouses (sp?) at all on my hands, to the point my wife makes fun of me.

My hands are baby soft, but I probably have a crack or two on my brain. Office politics suck...to the point where I've considered changing careers!

I worked offices until I made the big switch. I went from web hosting to repo man to electrician. Only thing I miss about the office job is I could go to work injured if I hurt myself skim boarding or skiing. And now that i'm into dirt biking, I have to be carefull not to take myself out of work.