Sign in to follow this  

KDX Trouble

I have an 06 KDX 200 and can't get it to start. Its got fresh gas, clean carb, , good spark and the reeds are fine. it has stock jetting and a FMF Gnarly pipe. It's currently around 30 degrees where i live, thought the temp. might have some thing to do with it. can anyone help?

Get me a plane ticket and I'll come kick it for you?

You need three things. Spark, fuel, and compression. One of these is missing. I can't tell from here which one it is.

Maybe try turning the petcok to off, crack the drain on the bottom of the carb and let it empty. With the drain cracked open turn the fuel back on and make sure it is flowing.

You pop out the plug and drop some gas in there yet? Wonder if that would help... maybe it just needs a little priming due to the temps.

Turn the fuel petcock on, lean the bike over till its just about touching the ground until fuel runs out of the carb overflow, bring the bike back up and kick it. It should start within a few kicks. In cold weather I have to do that with my kdx220, it works every time.

Yeah, your missing one of the big 3. Your SURE it's getting a good spark? Sometimes it will spark with the plug out of the cylinder, but won't actually be enough to light the mixture under compression.

Something's not there. Temperature won't make any difference unless it's like, 10 below zero. 30 degrees, it should fire right up.

Turn the fuel petcock on, lean the bike over till its just about touching the ground until fuel runs out of the carb overflow, bring the bike back up and kick it. It should start within a few kicks. In cold weather I have to do that with my kdx220, it works every time.

+1

Except turn the petcock off before laying on its side. Than turn it back on...Check your plug also

I've had plugs that looked like a good spark but wont fire the engine. Replaced with a new and the bike would fire.

Pull the plug and let the bike sit for 30 min to dry the cylinder and try a new plug. Start kicking without gas or choke on, after a few kicks gas on/choke only, few more kicks then a few twists. If it doesn't start pull the plug and check for excessive wetness, your bottom end might have flooded with a stuck float or leaving the gas on.

I have dried a plug with a plumbers torch and one my wife didn't like...lay the threads on the range element and turn on high. It'll smoke like crazy and after awhile a flame will poof out of the plug, wire brush and she's ready.

Edited by MXOldtimer