Running in new crf250r

Ive recently purchased a new 2010 CRF250R and its my first ride on it tomorrow, whats the best way to run it in? Should I change the oil after a few hours?

Thanks

Take it nice and easy for the first few runs (don't pin it for long periods of time). do the first oil change after 3-4 hours of use.

I just stayed off the rev-limiter for the first ride, but other than that, I rode like normal. I did change my oil and oil filter after the first ride as well as check my valve clearace.

Dave

Dont nurse it, use full throttle from low revs right up but dont hold it there, once you reach high rpms, let the engine braking slow you down,

chenge oil after the first days ride then....

then milk it

How did you like it? First ride report?

Dont nurse it, use full throttle from low revs right up but dont hold it there, once you reach high rpms, let the engine braking slow you down,

chenge oil after the first days ride then....

then milk it

x2... cant beat this process, your bike is started and ridden hard up and down the street a few times at the stealership

A motocross track is the perfect place to break-in a new bike. The most important thing is to fully warm-up the bike before riding. This takes 2-3 minutes depending on the weather. Then hit the track and ride moderately without holding it on the rev-limiter or lugging it in too tall of a gear. After your first moto cool down, the bike will be ready to ride at 100%. Change the oil and filter after the first day of riding.