Stupid noob question

I see alot of the SM models for sale. My question is... can you put offroad tires on SM rims? Sorry if this has been covered before. I searched but to no avail.

Phil

yes , you can get 17" knobbies.

but... 17" isn't best choise off road ,better get a set of dual sport wheels 21" / 19" to use off road

Yes you can, I did it for 2 seasons and loved it! First I went with Maxxis 6006's, they are a great tire and they corner quite well for a 50/50 tire, you need to get 2 rear tires 130/80/17. Looks killer... I got a ton of :ride:. Second season I went with Kenda Trackmaster II on the rear, really hooked up in the dirt, ran the 6006 on the front. I know this setup is a compromise but it was cool just going everywhere and never swaping anything. This season I put on the Pilot Powers and are saving for a set of dirt rims....was misssing my stickies:busted: I'm not great on the computer so I'm not sure how to link, but search" Happy Birthday DRZ "and you will see some before and after shots. Do it, you'll like it:ride:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=628707

Yes you can, I did it for 2 seasons and loved it! First I went with Maxxis 6006's, they are a great tire and they corner quite well for a 50/50 tire, you need to get 2 rear tires 130/80/17. Looks killer... I got a ton of :ride:. Second season I went with Kenda Trackmaster II on the rear, really hooked up in the dirt, ran the 6006 on the front. I know this setup is a compromise but it was cool just going everywhere and never swaping anything. This season I put on the Pilot Powers and are saving for a set of dirt rims....was misssing my stickies:busted: I'm not great on the computer so I'm not sure how to link, but search" Happy Birthday DRZ "and you will see some before and after shots. Do it, you'll like it:ride: