Sign in to follow this  

Plate back rounds?

hi,

i own a 2003 honda crf-230 and i was wondering if it would be complicated to put plate back rounds on?

any one do it?

is it easy?

what is there is scratches in the plastic, could they be sanded out?

i have a link to some back rounds i found

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/27_54/products_id/1399

would that cover a crf's side plates?

thanks dan

They are not too bad to put on. I usually cut a small strip of the backing off of the middle to help line them up. Use a small squeegy to prevent air bubbles. Sometimes a hair dryer will help if there is an odd curve to the plates. Run the hair dryer or heat gun when you are done to activate the glue.

Any scratches will be air bubbles and channels for water and dirt to get under the graphics. Its better to use brand new plates.

Pre prints are the best value. I wouldn't go with the square backgrounds. You get the added pain in the ass of trimming off the extra. By time you buy enough to do all 3 plates, and buy numbers, it would be cheaper to get pre prints.

Buy plastics right from where you get the graphics, that's the best deal. They'll often install them for you for free, so you open the box and throw them on the bike!

Dirt Digits does this, I'm sure someone else can think of others. I wish I'd have done this and then sold my number plates. The muffler side is a bit of a pain because of its compound curvature, takes more patience than I have to install backgrounds.

You might be able to see the wrinkles in this pic:

crf230009.jpg

-Tom

Buy plastics right from where you get the graphics, that's the best deal. They'll often install them for you for free, so you open the box and throw them on the bike!

Dirt Digits does this, I'm sure someone else can think of others. I wish I'd have done this and then sold my number plates. The muffler side is a bit of a pain because of its compound curvature, takes more patience than I have to install backgrounds.

You might be able to see the wrinkles in this pic:

crf230009.jpg

-Tom

Tom

Looks like you did a good job with the install. You can always use the heat gun to flatten the wrinkles, but overall you did better than the average bear.

Thanks for the kind words BTW, and the silver background is a nice touch. We don't see that too often.

Micah

DD