Watkins MX track

Colorado

Guys have not been out there in a month now, wondering what condition the track is in? Kinda burnt on PPIR and was thinking about that this weekend. I also saw that a day ride is $15 now, did yearly membership go up also? Thanks for any info.

Just an FYI Wildrat is also doing a prepped practice on Sunday

Rex

I'd avoid it like the plague. A couple of weeks ago when it was routinely hitting 50 degrees they were saying it was too cold to rip the track. They are letting it get super hard packed and just watering it in the afternoon.

I'll be at Deertrail tomorrow, check the SRAC website. I think it is $12 for a day and Britt is holding a prepped practice tomorrow. He said there is some big obstacles. I think Deertrail got missed by the big snow but they may have a little. They are open 10am to dark.

I'm gonna race the Feb 14th race there.

Let me know.

Just an FYI Wildrat is also doing a prepped practice on Sunday

Hey Rex,

I'm thinkin of Wildrat on Sunday. Lemme know if ya wanna meet.

BD

where at in Deer Trail can you ride?

Hey BD I'm trying to stay a little closer to home. Been driving to PPIR 1 or 2 times a weekend for more than a month now and next weekend is the big Phx trip. Thanks for the invite.

Matt how far is the Deer Trail track? I'm riding Sunday but not positive where yet. Watkins may be to easy and close to pass up.

Here is the website for C.O.R.E. Rex and Sean.

Click here.

Edited by CQR
Hey BD I'm trying to stay a little closer to home. Been driving to PPIR 1 or 2 times a weekend for more than a month now and next weekend is the big Phx trip. Thanks for the invite.

Matt how far is the Deer Trail track? I'm riding Sunday but not positive where yet. Watkins may be to easy and close to pass up.

I suspected that, but thought I'd mention wildrat anyway.

Have fun.

BD

Thanks Clint!

Just got back from Watkins. Track was decent, no icy spots and the water actually soaked in well. Very few people there today, prob. due to the cold. $15 still ticks me off, what used to be $20 for my wife and I to ride is now $30. :ride:

Last time i went to deertrail it was a death trap and nearly impossible for begginer to novice riders if they change it im all for riding out there but it is a good distance from denver

Hey guys, I made it out to Watkins today. The track wasn't in great shape, but not bad either. They watered and it held up till the end of the day pretty well. It did start drying out near the end and was hard packed in places. I did take some helmet video and am posting it here.

looks really hard in some spots. nice riding rex

Nice job riding but the track looked like it was hard as a rock. Sure, a couple of corners looked prepped but every straight was asphalt hard. It also looked like a lot of the jump faces and landing areas were so hard they had black tire marks.

I think I will continue to stay away from Watkins.

Thanks guys for the comment on the video.

The track was hard packed in places but I didn't think it was overall that bad. The jump faces were actually in pretty good shape. There was one spot I kept hitting on the table by the road that could have used some work but besides that I thought they were good. I like this track design and find it to be pretty safe, IMHO. I'll go back out there without a 2nd thought.

One side note, I did my yearly sign up yesterday and noticed on the form they have a discount for military guys. I like when I see that, and I'm not military.

Great job on the riding.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, we ended up in Deertrail and the track was ok. It seemed pretty old school with a few sx type obstacles.

You gonna race any SRAC this year???

Great job on the riding.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, we ended up in Deertrail and the track was ok. It seemed pretty old school with a few sx type obstacles.

You gonna race any SRAC this year???

I'm not sure, lots of stuff going on this year. Plus that all day program that some of the SRAC promoters are so stuck on just doesn't work for me. If I can get some stuff to settle down and find a race or 2 that doesn't do the all day program I'll probably show up. Those promotors that do split day stuff good on you:thumbsup: