Which aftermarket tank?

Need a new tank. Clark 3.1 or IMS 3.3. White or natural

Opinions or experiences please thanks, Shawn

I've had both and actually prefer the Clarke, but I think you'll find more in this house that like the IMS. To me, the Clarke feels slimmer. JMO

I second that - the Clarke is the way to go!

Get an Acerbis one if you can, i've had all 3 and its by far the best fit and build quality, although quite a few like the Zip Ty Ims version.

I had a Clarke on my '07. It fit just about perfect. The "natural" color was kind of funky, though. Kinda looked the way glow-in-the-dark stuff looks like in the daylight......if that makes sense.

I agree..Natural is halfway ugly. I know it makes sense, but its ugly when it starts to turn brown. Sort of like the baby-is-ill-and-crapped-everywhere brown.

go with the zip-ty. carries the fuel lower and is shaped more like the stock tank than ims/clarke/acerbis

Has anybody actually compared the IMS to the Zip Ty side by side? I'm pretty sure the Zip Ty tank is just an IMS.

Has anybody actually compared the IMS to the Zip Ty side by side? I'm pretty sure the Zip Ty tank is just an IMS.

Nope totally different tank. In fact The Zip only mounts to the frame on one side. Zip Ty sits lower and holds the gas much lower. I've got both, Zip Ty rules. Take a look in my garage to see the Zip Ty.

Here is a pic of a regular IMS except it has a dry break.

759974821_Pu8T3-L.jpg

Now a pic of the Zip Ty.

IMG_34322.jpg

Edited by tp3dxf
Added pics

Zip Ty white fo sho. My Clarke 3.1 clear looks like a bedpan. :ride:

My Clarke 3.1 clear looks like a bedpan. :bonk:

:lol::D:ride:

Nope totally different tank. In fact The Zip only mounts to the frame on one side. Zip Ty sits lower and holds the gas much lower. I've got both, Zip Ty rules. Take a look in my garage to see the Zip Ty.

Here is a pic of a regular IMS except it has a dry break.

759974821_Pu8T3-L.jpg

Now a pic of the Zip Ty.

IMG_34322.jpg

Sweet.....thanks for posting! Looks like the Zip-Ty is the way to go.

Zip Ty white fo sho. My Clarke 3.1 clear looks like a bedpan. :ride:

Thats it...thats the description I was looking for.

Thanks for the info guys. Looks like Zip Ty is the way to go.

Had a Clark , could never get up on the tank to corner very well... so I researched and got a Ty Davis tank. It's the way to go. Anyone looking for a tank, Get the Ty davis, come into a turn and plant yer balls right on that gascap... They are expensive but worth it if you want to ride aggressivley or competetively . If you foul a plug, you hafta take the tank off b/c it holds the fuel down nice and low but you cant get at the plug... I havent fouled a plug yet this year but thats what ya gotta do if you foul one. They also take forever to get... I have two and both took months to get... They also make a nice modded idle screw and air screw for the YZ

Edited by avocasingletrack

Can people please post more pics of your YZ's with the aftermarket tanks.

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Yes. i mention above, a few posts back. They are backordered alot , expensive and takes forever to get it... Fyi