Which aftermarket tank?

I had a Clarke on my '07. It fit just about perfect. The "natural" color was kind of funky, though. Kinda looked the way glow-in-the-dark stuff looks like in the daylight......if that makes sense.

Has anybody actually compared the IMS to the Zip Ty side by side? I'm pretty sure the Zip Ty tank is just an IMS.

Nope totally different tank. In fact The Zip only mounts to the frame on one side. Zip Ty sits lower and holds the gas much lower. I've got both, Zip Ty rules. Take a look in my garage to see the Zip Ty.

Here is a pic of a regular IMS except it has a dry break.

759974821_Pu8T3-L.jpg

Now a pic of the Zip Ty.

IMG_34322.jpg

Edited by tp3dxf
Added pics
  • Like 1

Nope totally different tank. In fact The Zip only mounts to the frame on one side. Zip Ty sits lower and holds the gas much lower. I've got both, Zip Ty rules. Take a look in my garage to see the Zip Ty.

Here is a pic of a regular IMS except it has a dry break.

759974821_Pu8T3-L.jpg

Now a pic of the Zip Ty.

IMG_34322.jpg

Sweet.....thanks for posting! Looks like the Zip-Ty is the way to go.

• 2 years later...

Had a Clark , could never get up on the tank to corner very well... so I researched and got a Ty Davis tank. It's the way to go. Anyone looking for a tank, Get the Ty davis, come into a turn and plant yer balls right on that gascap... They are expensive but worth it if you want to ride aggressivley or competetively . If you foul a plug, you hafta take the tank off b/c it holds the fuel down nice and low but you cant get at the plug... I havent fouled a plug yet this year but thats what ya gotta do if you foul one. They also take forever to get... I have two and both took months to get... They also make a nice modded idle screw and air screw for the YZ

Edited by avocasingletrack

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...