Sign in to follow this  

Air Filter Oils ???

I'm trying to decide what is the best oil to you on my 06 Crf 450r 's air filter. I used no-toil on my cr 500 and my buddy swears by bell ray.

What's your opinion??

i don't know, i've heard good things about a lot of different oils but bel ray seems to be one of the best

I use castrol filter oil, it works great and washes out with simple green.

I run K&N and wash it out with super clean and laundry detergent...

Maxima FFT, also just tried Golden Spectro air filter oil the other day on my Sons KX65... Seems to work great, probably a rebrand of Belray / Maxima (it's super tacky...).

I use a 50:50 mix of belray and 40 weight motor oil. I clean a ton of airfilters, and I like to put on a good saturation. The mix goes on and spreads much better, and saves a lot of money. I have tested the mix in extreme dust race conditions, and not a speck of dirt or dust will get through.

+4 for the Maxima FFT.

It's the stickiest I've found yet. If there is something better (maybe there is....), I haven't tried it.

Bel Ray and Maxima FFT are the best filter oils available. I give the nod to Maxima because it's a little easier to work into the filter. These oils require a Kerosene soak followed by a couple of soapy water baths when cleaning.

Ill add something, i have the uni brand air filter oil.

I think its the worst one ive ever used. Doesnt spread very well and the next day i have a puddle under my bike that drips out of my air box, down my swingarm and onto the stenciled concrete argh!

i didnt mind the twin air stuff. i may try the maxima one next

hey tek_01 try plain motul air filter oil its like $25-30 for a litre but well worth it you cant apply it without golves on its just that sticky its a real pita to wash off your hands

I think its the worst one ive ever used. Doesnt spread very well and the next day i have a puddle under my bike that drips out of my air box, down my swingarm and onto the stenciled concrete argh!

I had that same problem using the Uni oil with my Uni filter. I switched to NoToil a while back and don't have the problem any more. And the NoToil is much easier to work with.

I am old school. I use a thin layer of motor oil (usually 20w50), spread thouroughly over the filter. Wash it out with either K&N cleaner or regular dishwashing detergent. I've found that, with regular maintenance and cleaning, this does as good of a job as the higher-priced super-tacky oils. If I were to be going longer than my normal maintenance interval, I would go with a spray on tack oil.

I had the same problem with K&N spray on oil. Junk! I always use PJ1 spray on foam filter oil and it has been working out fine. Goes on thin, easy to work in and sets up very tacky.

NO-TOIL in the aerosol spray can. Best uniform coverage on the market.....