cleaning stainless steel oil fiter

I dont have an air compressor with me now. Some people say to spray carb cleaner from inside out but I blow it from outside in so the particles flush out the hole. Why spray from the inside out? Then I dunk it in hot sopy water. Then I rinse it with non sopy water and let dry. Is that a good plan to clean it?

IMO. There is NO way you will get the particles out.

If the particles are blocked one way, what makes you think they will not be blocked the other way?

Brake clean is a solvent. When you spray it on the filter the particles are not suspended in the oil. So it remains in the filter.

I take a toof brush to mine when I get it soaped up and scrub it good.

If the particles are blocked one way, what makes you think they will not be blocked the other way?

Let's say the holes in the SS oil filter are 10 microns in diameter. (I don't know what size they are, I just picked a number) And then let's say there is an 11 micron partical stuck in one of those holes. It will not continue in the direction it was going, but if you reverse the direction / flow, it may come loose. Agree? Using carb cleaner also helps. It cleans all the oil away, as the oil helps hold the partical. Remove the sticky oil, and the now dry partical should fall away. You won't get every partical off the reusable filter, but you should get most. Most, that's way I use disposable filters. With disposable, you get rid of them all.

Let's say the holes in the SS oil filter are 10 microns in diameter. (I don't know what size they are, I just picked a number) And then let's say there is an 11 micron partical stuck in one of those holes. It will not continue in the direction it was going, but if you reverse the direction / flow, it may come loose. Agree? Using carb cleaner also helps. It cleans all the oil away, as the oil helps hold the partical. Remove the sticky oil, and the now dry partical should fall away. You won't get every partical off the reusable filter, but you should get most. Most, that's way I use disposable filters. With disposable, you get rid of them all.

thats what I was thinking. how am I going to blow particles out those little holes. I think letting them sit in sopy water hole side down gets them out too.

I take a toof brush to mine when I get it soaped up and scrub it good.

how do you do the inside?

how do you do the inside?

I just put some dawn in the hole and take a toof brush I grinded down to where there is just two rows of brisles on the brush and stick it in the hole and go around it. Then I rinse it out.