just change oil on 07 wr250f

but i cant figure this little view window thing. i put 1100ml's (as per manuals specs) in as i didnt change the filter. i drained the oil from the tank and crank case. now when i look through the the viewing window afterhaving run the bike for 5 min and letting it sit for 5 mins all i can see is oil i.e. cannot see the level through the window

have i done the change right

any help appreciated thanks

I always have the exact same issue with my 07 WR250 after chaging the oil. I can typically see the top of the oil level in the glass circle if I tilt the bike towards the throttle side just a hair. So at least I know it's only barely over-filled which I do not expect would be an issue. I'd be curious to know if others think it's reason for concern.

Same here, as if I either have a wee bit too much oil in it or the window is a wee bit too low.

Tilting the bike a bit allows me to see the top of the oil level.

I think the oil screen posicion is one of the gliches on '06-'09 bikes. one of the features in the '10 model is the new oil screen posicion to acurat oil level

No 2010 model out here in the good ol' USA.

That's the WR-250F, I mean. :ride:

The window doesnt tell you the oil level. Only shows you oil is in there. If you put the correct amount as said in manual, then why worry about it...

yeah on my 07 yzf i changed the oil put th right amount in and turned it on,then road a while later in the day and my clutch was messed up...after its warmed up the bike wants to go when the clutch is pulled in. it never did that before the oil change. so now im just replacing the clutch and using amsoil this week.....kinda makes me mad that i have to spend more money

The window doesnt tell you the oil level. Only shows you oil is in there. If you put the correct amount as said in manual, then why worry about it...

I believe the manual specifically states you should see the top of the oil level in the window when the bike is straight up. I don't think it's an issue if the oil level is slightly above it but I can understand the concern given the discrepancy.

Uhhhh. Slight correction in order. The "site window" DOES show you the level in your bike...so you need to make sure you do get it right. No oil in the site window obviously you don't have enough....to much, way too much and you could be "slapping" oil with your crank. Not a good idea. If it was a "dry sump, it wouldn't matter, wet sump it does. We've got both types of 250Fs in the stable and so we adjust accordingly. I always run my oil high in my 02 because it's a dry sump and more oil just means it's got more volume in relation to contamination.

If you can't see the oil dip below the site window when you tilt the bike away from you, you might consider adjusting level. I always run our 07 Wr250F high on the site window, but I also make sure I can see the oil level drop when the bike is titled away from me. Hope this helps.