any difference betwen 07 and 08

Were there any changes on the crf150r from 07 or 08? Thanks

factory specs show the 07 is a 2 valve unicam and the 08 is a 4 valve unicam all the rest of the specs are the same

Other then what was recall

Like 07 got new cam

07 and some 08 got new Swingarm

With the recall add in both 07 vs 08 only had small diff in Jetting and Decal Graphics.

09 model vs older 07/08 was Decal Graphics, Seat Cover now Soild color and a option Black model.

factory specs show the 07 is a 2 valve unicam and the 08 is a 4 valve unicam all the rest of the specs are the same

That is wrong 07 is a 4 valve unicam just like 08 and 09 model, That if your ref to a CRF150R and not a CRF150F now that one has 2 valve

That is wrong 07 is a 4 valve unicam just like 08 and 09 model, That if your ref to a CRF150R and not a CRF150F now that one has 2 valve

figured it out the dealer info on the spec sheet was wrong i looked on honda web site and found they are both 4 valve i will be getting an 08 in 2 weeks dealer is rebuilding top and bottom and selling as new with warranty it was used a few races by there pro rider.

A Pro rider that is a 18 or older? Since that is the new AMA rules, instead of 16. If so, it would also have tons of suspension work too, taller bars and whatever else to make it bigger for a bigger rider. The reason I'm saying this is because it sounds like your dealer is giving a line. They might sponsor a little kid that pretty fast, but that's a big difference than pro. But as long as they warranty it, that should be pretty good.

figured it out the dealer info on the spec sheet was wrong i looked on honda web site and found they are both 4 valve i will be getting an 08 in 2 weeks dealer is rebuilding top and bottom and selling as new with warranty it was used a few races by there pro rider.

Note: Honda has no warranty on competition bikes. If it comes with a warranty, it will be the dealer's warranty. Enjoy your new bike!

Note: Honda has no warranty on competition bikes. If it comes with a warranty, it will be the dealer's warranty. Enjoy your new bike!

g31m, I challenged you to tell me that i dont have a warrenty months ago. i gave you all the info from my cotract papers you asked for as well! what is your position with honda? corporate? if so pull up my contract. Over the holidays while visiting my in-laws took my daughters bike to "pro caliber" a honda dealer in oregon. service my leaky valve cover "under warranty"! My bike was originally purchashed and is serviced by Champion honda here in costa mesa, Ca. So if i dont have a warranty, i'm duped as are the two dealers i have used since purchase?

But i agree, above would not be a honda warranty, on a dealer rebuild.

Hey, my buddy bought one from Champion too. Here got a four year warranty. I bought a used with a transferable warranty. But it ran out about a week after a bought it.

g31m, I challenged you to tell me that i dont have a warrenty months ago. i gave you all the info from my cotract papers you asked for as well! what is your position with honda? corporate? if so pull up my contract. Over the holidays while visiting my in-laws took my daughters bike to "pro caliber" a honda dealer in oregon. service my leaky valve cover "under warranty"! My bike was originally purchashed and is serviced by Champion honda here in costa mesa, Ca. So if i dont have a warranty, i'm duped as are the two dealers i have used since purchase?

But i agree, above would not be a honda warranty, on a dealer rebuild.

It depend but Honda warranty are not available for CR, CRF-R and CRF-X models.

How ever I do belive there is a Limited 30 day factory warranty coverage on defects in materials or factory workmanship.

Like on my bike the stator when out 2 hour after buy it 3 week later the Gas Tank was leaking both which where cover by honda.

Dirt: Note, I said HONDA has no warranty on your bike. I didn't say YOU don't have a warranty. Big difference. (I pointed this out to you on the thread you referred to, also.)

As I explained in that previous thread, Honda Motor Company does not warranty the CRF150R motorcycle. You (or the previous owner) purchased a dealer-sourced warranty. Anyone who has any kind of warranty on the competition bikes from Honda has a dealer/aftermarket policy.

If you read the fine print on Honda advertising, you will discover this.

I'm looking at a bit of Honda Motor Co. literature on the CRF150R right now. The fine print at the bottom states: "CRF150R is sold "as is" and without warranty."

Bottom line: You may have a warranty on your CRF150R, but it is an aftermarket warranty, not a warranty offered by Honda Motor Co.. As I said before, Honda does not offer a warranty on your bike. That said, it is not unusual for a dealer, in the interest of good customer relations, to fix a minor problem encountered soon after purchase at their own expense.

I bring this out so others won't think they got "ripped off" when they didn't get a factory warranty on their purchase. There is no factory warranty.

Key word in this discussion is "factory".

G31m just becuases it saying "CRF150R is sold "as is" and without warranty" that far from the truth there still a min limited 30 day warranty depent on state in which you live in when you frist buy it becuase of Federal Lemon Law and State Lemon Laws for recreational vehicles and then there Consumer Warranty Law and Magnuson-Moss act, Motor Vehicle Warranty Laws, etc, etc.

But as you point out there are aftermarket warranty.

Some states do not allow you to sell consumer products "as is" At this time, these states are Alabama, Connecticut, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia. In those states, sellers have implied warranty obligations that cannot be avoided.

Take the time read this

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

How ever there a caugth to all this DO NOT ADD anything not even aftermarket parts to bike keep 100% stock forum for frist 30 days

I read the link. Nothing in it says any state gives, or has to give, a 30-day warranty. Read it in its entirety.

Lemon Law not a warranty. Read about Lemon Laws, you might be surprised.

From the link:

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is the federal law that governs consumer product warranties. Passed by Congress in 1975, the Act requires manufacturers and sellers of consumer products to provide consumers with detailed information about warranty coverage. In addition, it affects both the rights of consumers and the obligations of warrantors under written warranties."

So, since Honda does not give a written warranty, it does not apply. Since Honda provides detailed information about warranty coverage, i.e "CRF150R is sold "as is" and without warranty.", it meets this requirement, too.

Bottom line is still: no factory warranty, 30-day or otherwise, on the CRF150R. As I said before: dealer warranty, perhaps.

Sorry.

I personally don't care who is on the title of the warranty as long as the bike gets fixed. That's the bottom line.

I read the link. Nothing in it says any state gives, or has to give, a 30-day warranty. Read it in its entirety.

Lemon Law not a warranty. Read about Lemon Laws, you might be surprised.

From the link:

"The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is the federal law that governs consumer product warranties. Passed by Congress in 1975, the Act requires manufacturers and sellers of consumer products to provide consumers with detailed information about warranty coverage. In addition, it affects both the rights of consumers and the obligations of warrantors under written warranties."

So, since Honda does not give a written warranty, it does not apply. Since Honda provides detailed information about warranty coverage, i.e "CRF150R is sold "as is" and without warranty.", it meets this requirement, too.

Bottom line is still: no factory warranty, 30-day or otherwise, on the CRF150R. As I said before: dealer warranty, perhaps.

Sorry.

Like said it all depend on where you live at where can use Lemon Laws or Consumer Warranty Law it just depends.

I have all ready been that road with "as is" without warranty carp in 1997 with Suzuki and they lost at court becuase of casting defect on my 96 RM80 motor which blow up 2 week at get it.

My dealer give me no warranty on my CRF150R when I frist got it but they also told me there is a Limited 30 day factory warranty coverage on defects in materials or factory workmanship even knowing that honda saying fine print at the bottom states: "CRF150R is sold "as is" and without warranty." but it has had a replacement stator "2 hours" after when I got it at where I got it from who then piss me off for not dbl there work over and lossing some bolts but some 3 or 4 weeks later I had major fuel tank leakage done at diff shop in a diff town and both problem paid for by Honda.

It not the normal warranty coverage you see like on Trial Bike, ATV and etc.

Bottom line: Just be aware of Honda Motor Company's position on the CRF150R's warranty.

But, don't take my word for it; go down to your Honda dealer and ask about the Honda warranty on the CRF150r that sits on his floor.

OK, This is from the Honda Web-Site: Your warranty covers the repair or replacement, at American Honda's option, any part which is defective in material or factory workmanship under normal use for the applicable warranty period. For further details please see your warranty booklet. (Competition models are excluded from warranty coverage.)

Now, we know we can get a dealer type warranty, but it is not a HONDA one, so can we drop it or at least start a NEW thread.