Sign in to follow this  

Zip Ty fuel screw wiggles?

I just bought a Zip Ty fuel screw for my 98 WR400. Keihin 39 Flat CR. It is definitely the correct one. I put on the spring, washer, then O-ring. Slid it in, screwed it tight, then backed it out 1-1/2 turns. It feels like it is loose and wiggles a bit. The screw head has numbers 1 2 3 4 around it. When it was closed I was looking at 3, so I twisted it all the way around until I saw the 3 again, then around again until I saw the 1. That would be 1-1/2 turns, but the screw feels like it would work itself out if I rode the bike around. Am I somehow doing this simple task incorrectly, or is this normal???

***??? I just paid $25.00 for this screw, and it's junk? Great, I already threw away the packaging. Have I mentioned that I'm growing tired of working on this stupid carburetor? It's like dealing with a damn woman, super-hyper sensitive and touchy, and almost always the source of problems with things not running right.

I still have the factory screw. Can I use the o-ring and spring from the Zip-Ty screw? I can't find the original ones.

Yes that would be fine. As far as I have observed other Zip Ty products have been fine, this screw is as you described most screws to be

It will wiggle out b/c mine did. On the third one I drilled A hole through the knob and safety wired it to a bracket on carb that hold(guides) the idle adjustment

You can add another little washer to get some more tension on the spring. I always had a problem with those screws on my yamahas. If there is any doubt about it staying in, safety wire or toss it. When they fall out the bike wont run below 1/4 throttle and you wont be able to start it. You also lose the washer and oring. Ruins the day.