Sign in to follow this  

Violent tick with video (Updated Video and pics)

Im guessing its the Cam Chain because when I tighten the MCCT it will go away for a little bit then come back. My last DRZ had a Tick and it was the auto decompression but it was a feint tick. This one is really really loud. My wife even noticed it. I did take the valve cover off and held the starter down and the cam chain was dropping maybe 3/8ths of an inch and then popping back up. Thats when I decided to recheck the MCCT. That cured it for a bit but then it came back. Tightened it some more and once again after about 20 mins it returned. I dont know how to check the chain guides or even the chain. ANy help is appreciated.

th_SMOV0013.jpg

Edited by BONESTOCK

Got ordering a chain.

The MCCT is nearly maxed out.

Eddie how do I check the guides? SHould I even worry about them?

I was thinking the chain was grinding away in there on something. I didnt think it would stretch like that but you guys know way more about this than me.

Im not starting the bike until this gets sorted out.

My cam chain was stretching that fast before I had it replaced, along with the piston and cylinder. The engine had ingested dirt. I suspect the dirt was wearing the chain, but it might have just been at the end of it's life after 9000 km on the ACCT

Well I ordered a Cam chain. I guess Im gambling with the guides? What about the oil, Does it look normal? I never ran oil this long in my last DRZ.

there is a good chance the guides will be fine , post some pics when you can

the oil looks weak and dirt infested

What are you wanting pics of? I will take pics of anything you need to help me, LOL.

you need a clutch cover gasket

i thought you had the motor torn down , thats why i asked for pics

how many miles on the bike ?

bike odometer says 4600. I know the cylinder and piston have been replaced. Don't know why. So I just need a couch cover gasket? Don't I need to take the other side off to get to the bottom of the cam chain?

Actually can you give me a crash course directions?

I just got the bike too. The oil on the dipstick looked good though. Oh well lesson learned. Im gonna tear it down tonight and drink some beers and relax man.