Sign in to follow this  

Washington Dual sporting Ghost towns of Washington

I've hiked/ canoed to Lucerne and Holden I beleive ther than the ferry that is the only way to get there. It might make an interesting drip to DS to Chelan take the Ferry (Lady of the Lake) to Lucerne, Holden and then Stehekin. I'm not sure if there is another way out.... maybe on the north side of the lake.

I wouldn't quite call them ghost towns, more like just tiny towns that have a lot of history.

Can't think of too many in WA. Idaho has more to offer. A good destination(s) ride in WA is fire lookouts stations. You could do a 5 day trip and still not hit them all.

WA ghost towns are more north central Washington. I have some timberland over there and the area is rich with gold mining history. I'd love to get a Whites metal detector and scour old towns and town sites. Not looking for gold, (but I'll keep it if I find some) just pioneer type artifacts. I love this kind of stuff. The Okanogan County seat used to be an old town called Ruby, its now Okanogan (the town) but you can still see parts of old foundations in Ruby I've been told. The link below has a bunch of cool places as far as old ghost towns, including Ruby. Its all in Okanogan County WA.

Try this.

http://www.ghosttownsusa.com/okanco.htm

Old town of Nighthawk is up in the Okanogan area as well.

WA ghost towns are more north central Washington. I have some timberland over there and the area is rich with gold mining history. I'd love to get a Whites metal detector and scour old towns and town sites. Not looking for gold, (but I'll keep it if I find some) just pioneer type artifacts. I love this kind of stuff. The Okanogan County seat used to be an old town called Ruby, its now Okanogan (the town) but you can still see parts of old foundations in Ruby I've been told. The link below has a bunch of cool places as far as old ghost towns, including Ruby. Its all in Okanogan County WA.

Try this.

http://www.ghosttownsusa.com/okanco.htm

Loomis, Nighthawk, Silver (gone), Conconully are some to name off the top, although they are not ghost towns entirely, they still have people live there, the history and town are as close as you will find. There are a few more but I'm drawing a blank. I live over here and at one time we have hit everyone we could find from county records.

ETA, there are Allot of remains of old mines and the infrustructure that goes with them.

Revive of super old post, I checked out that link and the city of Kerriston is just east of Hobart, fairly close to my area. Anyone want to ride out there and do some dirt road exploring in the near future?

Try this.

http://www.ghosttown....com/okanco.htm

i have stayed in Winthrop and it is a real cool area. Thats the area i would look into as well. Do a search or ask this at ADV and you will get the goods that way.

Edited by Ride
  • Like 1

I'll hit the Hobart area, I live near Black Diamond...not plated yet though, not sure if I need it. Just got my Tusk DS kit.

I'll shoot you a PM...if I can :cry: