Sign in to follow this  

Wher can I find the best price on a new motor case???

I'm lookin to buy a new motor case for a DR650, just kinda wunderin wher can I find the best price ???

your best bet will most likely be to buy a 2nd hand bike as cheap as possible and then strip it for what you need and sell the rest

your best bet will most likely be to buy a 2nd hand bike as cheap as possible and then strip it for what you need and sell the rest

Yep. Worked for me.

Except for the selling bit. Never was any good at that.

I'd rather just buy what I need and not hassle with the sellin and strippin all the junk layin around that you cant get rid of ya know, I got to much junk layin around now.

It was half the price to buy a complete bike rather than fix my engine :ride:

It was half the price to buy a complete bike rather than fix my engine :lol:

that's what I meant, it's going to be cheaper to buy a whole bike than it is for the engine, even just the engine cases. Good thing about this bike is it's remained the same with 1996 so go as early and cheap as possible. Then you can swap the internals or - as i'd do it - just straight swap the engine and be done with it.

Selling the rest of the bike is optional but if you did you'd probly end up cutting even. Not a bad deal, and one of the many perks of this bike :ride:

I found a set of cases on flea bay, saved about $300 off the new price of $665, now I gotta figure out if I need any specialty tools.