DR 650 slip on

can anyone tell me if the Two Brothers slip on comes with the mid pipe or do you have to buy one. The picture on there site doesnt say you need on but the picture just shows a muffler

can anyone tell me if the Two Brothers slip on comes with the mid pipe or do you have to buy one. The picture on there site doesnt say you need on but the picture just shows a muffler

Yes, the silencer is pretty much generic with different mid-pipes for the application. If you order one for your DR650 it will come with the correct mid-pipe. :ride:

If you get the Two Brothers, make sure you do the airbox mod. It is so crucial. Two Bros say that the slip on works right out of the box. I never got mine to work correctly. It was to loud and the back fire was horrible. I jetted mine and did the airbox mod. It wroks great with or without the silencer.

I'm gonna do the air box mod with a Twin Air filter, and drill the slide. What jetting did you do?

I'm gonna do the air box mod with a Twin Air filter, and drill the slide. What jetting did you do?

You have to buy the Dyno-Jet kit (3138) if you are going to mod the airbox. The stock needle won't supply enough fuel for the increased air flow. Certainly well worth the investment considering the cost of the TB pipe. Doing the box mod and corrected jetting is the only way to realize the full potential of the TB pipe. :ride:

Buy it here......

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

or here......

http://www.kientech.com/index.htm

Both of these excellent dealers are true DR650 enthusiasts and genuine good people. :lol:

I allready ordered the dynojet kit from pro cycle. I hate rejetting carbs with a passion. But atleast it's only one and not the four that I've had off five times on my gs1100. I live in Pennsylvania with a elavatin of 800 ft. If anyone has any suggestions on the correct jetting and clip position it would make my day!

I allready ordered the dynojet kit from pro cycle. I hate rejetting carbs with a passion. But atleast it's only one and not the four that I've had off five times on my gs1100. I live in Pennsylvania with a elavatin of 800 ft. If anyone has any suggestions on the correct jetting and clip position it would make my day!

Follow the kit instructions (except the part about 2-1/2 turns out on the pilot screw.... more like 1-1/4 give or take a bit) and you will have a good running bike.:ride:

Howdy:

I know you guys are talking about the Two Brothers exhaust here but I am wondering about what led you to your choice?

Last year I installed the Supertrapp Tuneable muffler but don't like it. Don't like the sound nor farting around with all the discs. I am thinking about the FMF Q4 and the Power Bomb. Heard a few You Tube clips on it and they sound great.

They are all designed in a round about way to of course increase flow and HP so do you find the choice just comes down to how it sounds? Looks? Price?

The Staintune full system looks good but definitely pricey! Wonder if it's just that much better?

:ride:

Howdy:

I know you guys are talking about the Two Brothers exhaust here but I am wondering about what led you to your choice?

Last year I installed the Supertrapp Tuneable muffler but don't like it. Don't like the sound nor farting around with all the discs. I am thinking about the FMF Q4 and the Power Bomb. Heard a few You Tube clips on it and they sound great.

They are all designed in a round about way to of course increase flow and HP so do you find the choice just comes down to how it sounds? Looks? Price?

The Staintune full system looks good but definitely pricey! Wonder if it's just that much better?

:lol:

The Two Brothers set-up is as loud as it is beautiful (very). If you have any concerns about noise this is not the system for you. Installing the quite core makes the pipe sound extremely dorky IMHO... and it's still annoyingly loud. The FMF-Q4 is the way to go, for a store bought system (IMO), considering price and sound level. :ride:

Bob, Have you thought about the GSXR setup ? Looks great and sounds better........Good luck.....

:goofy:Doing the carb and air box mods can be done in the bike with out removal. very simple, took me maybe 2 hrs and that included bullsh!ting and a trip to 3 stores to try and find a long drill bit to drill the 2nd hole in the slide, never found one but made one work. Order the 4 1/2 in. bit to do this before you tear the carb down. Also buy the extended fuel screw. (Wow, if I remember right some of you guys told me these same things). I am not smart just asked allot of questions.:ride:

Clip in 4th slot from top of needle

Main 160

1 1/2 turn on fuel screw

I am running stock exhaust at 1000' little rich but after a new fmf and header weld grind I think it will work great

Clip in 4th slot from top of needle

Main 160

1 1/2 turn on fuel screw

Only change I'd make from this is turn the fuel screw out to best revs and then back in half a turn.

2 brother's pipe sucks...way, WAY too loud (no return policy on flea bay). P3 insert helps but wish I had kept the boat anchor OEM Muffler. 4th clip position on dyno jet kit is just wrong at 6500 ft. 3rd positon, much better. Open the top of the air box or ur just wasting time.

:thumbsup:I have the pointed tip in mine and still use the spark arester and the noise is fine no trouble,:ride:i have 160 main,clip on #4,2 turns out on mixture i think,runs fine-lots of torque.saved 10lb over stock buick muffler.:ride::bonk::lol:

That was what I wanted to do at first due to fact it looks great and it doesn't need repacked. I really like the stock look too. Once I saw the Two Brothers I new I had to have it and even if it's twice as loud as it is beautifull I don't care. I have had been riding dirt bikes for more than 25 years so I've had a lot of loud bikes. This can can't be as loud as many of the bikes and quads I ride with. I have a bike for the street so the Dr is mostly for the dirt and the occasional trip down the highway to the next riding area. There is just so many places to ride here in the anthracite coal region of Pennsylvania you need a license plate!

Only change I'd make from this is turn the fuel screw out to best revs and then back in half a turn.

thanks nordie, i was going to wait till the wether warmed up here to fine tune the fuel screw.i only have about 100 miles on it since mods, burrr its still cold here. i know i am:lame:

The GSXR setup would not have a FS approved spark arrestor would it??

The GSXR setup would not have a FS approved spark arrestor would it??

You can use a FMF spark arrestor that is a direct fit. The part numbers are on MX-Robs website.