Anyone have one of these??

I need one of these metal AIS plugs. Anyone have one they can part with or know where I can buy one?

IMG_2692.jpg

Edited by tacotory

The Yamaha kit for Wr250's is on backorder until the middle of February, because I'm waiting on one too, after I already took everything off and that's all I'm waiting for, of course.

but here's something that looks like just the plugs (for an R1, but they might work)- http://www.tobefast.com/graves-motorsports-yamaha-r1-ais-smog-block-off-kit-98-03-pr-158.html

On a side note, does anyone know if the Thumpertalk kit is out there for sale anywhere? I guess I still need the right jets that come in the Yamaha kit, but waiting 3 more weeks is gonna drive me nuts.

Is that the auto decompression plug? If so i have one never used, it's anodized blue.

It's the thing that plugs the fitting where the air injection system used to be.

I cut off the pipe to where it has the bulge in it, filed it smooth, then threaded it with a 10mm X 1.25 pitch tap, and plugged it with a bolt. I don't think it looks half bad either, will take a picture of it tomorrow.

you guys that have taken the AIS and did custom plugs - A. how did you make the plugs? just tap and thread bolts in? B. did you change jetting around?

I'm waiting on the GYTR basically for the jets that come with it, because I'm sure I could rig the plugs on my own, but I'm not sure what I'd do about the jetting on my own...

I need one of these metal AIS plugs. Anyone have one they can part with or know where I can buy one?

IMG_2692.jpg

i have the hole kit if you want it pm me

you guys that have taken the AIS and did custom plugs - A. how did you make the plugs? just tap and thread bolts in? B. did you change jetting around?

I'm waiting on the GYTR basically for the jets that come with it, because I'm sure I could rig the plugs on my own, but I'm not sure what I'd do about the jetting on my own...

I cut it to the bulge, then filed it smooth for a good sealing surface. I taped it with a 10mm by 1.25 pitch tap and put a bolt into it with an aluminum crush washer. Sealed it up nice and it looks decent too, just make sure you get out all of the metal filings.

d92d4ea6bc5c.jpg

There is no performance gain from removing the AIS, it does however make changing spark plugs easier. It might also help with popping on deceleration. If your bike is jetted properly now you won't have to re-jet with just the AIS removal. If you still have stock jetting, just follow the recommended settings you get with the new jets. Make a mark on your throttle grip and then 4 on the housing, closed, 1/4 open, 1/2 open, 3/4 open, full open. Then if something doesn't feel right, mark down what throttle opening it is occurring at.

Idle = fuel screw

closed to 1/4 = pilot jet

1/4 to 3/4 = needle

3/4 to full open = main jet

Change one thing at a time and write down your settings! The recommended starting points are pretty good usually, just remember to take your time. Also don't forget to check out the jetting sticky, just be warned every bike is different. Mine likes to run with a leaner setting, so it's different than most.

The Yamaha kit for Wr250's is on backorder until the middle of February, because I'm waiting on one too, after I already took everything off and that's all I'm waiting for, of course.

but here's something that looks like just the plugs (for an R1, but they might work)- http://www.tobefast.com/graves-motorsports-yamaha-r1-ais-smog-block-off-kit-98-03-pr-158.html

On a side note, does anyone know if the Thumpertalk kit is out there for sale anywhere? I guess I still need the right jets that come in the Yamaha kit, but waiting 3 more weeks is gonna drive me nuts.

If memory serves, there isn't really anything too special in the AIS kit that isn't available elsewhere- that is if you're waiting on the kit and it's holding you up. The throttle stop is easy to cut shorter, and as for the jets, you'd probably be better off with JD's kit anyway. The only other things you need are the two plugs. One is a standard rubber vacuum plug that you can get at any auto parts store and the other is the metal plug I'm looking for. As some of the other members have pointed out, you can improvise on the metal plug. I like the looks of the silver one in my photo, so I am going to try to find it first.

I am going to try to get the place you provided the link for (thank you) to sell me just one. If they won't, I'll probably buy the 4 pack and offer the other 3 to fellow TTers.