New Husaberg 390 - setup questions

Just got my 390 and went for my first ride last night. I have the same good impressions as everyone else. It just feels easy to ride.

1) I did find starting a bit difficult. It seems to need a little throttle every time. I know a few others have mentioned this as well. Anyone found any solutions? (the dealer put mine on the aggressive map setting)

2) found the stock suspension to be very stiff. I was deflecting off of even the smallest rocks. I have to go and set the suspension dampening to medium front and back. Maybe the dealer didn't set it up properly? (I am 5'10'', 170 lbs)

3) I find it tall while standing with toes on the ground. It feels perfect while riding and standing on the pegs.

4) Can't believe how quiet it is compared to the old 525 EXC. Dealer has already removed the pipe stopper( not sure what that is but that is what they told me)

5) Not sure what everyone is talking about when they say this thing doesn't beat you up. My forearms feel like I slept with them clamped in vices. :ride:

FLEXXBARS !!! I love them ! on my Berg . Maybe turn up idle to start better ? set up sag and play with clickers ?

My 450 was the same deflecting all over the place until i got it resprung and revalved.

as said, try setting sag and adjusting clickers to sport settings in the manual. If that doesn't work, springs and revalve, you won't regret it

congrats on the purchase

Just got my 390 and went for my first ride last night. I have the same good impressions as everyone else. It just feels easy to ride.

1) I did find starting a bit difficult. It seems to need a little throttle every time. I know a few others have mentioned this as well. Anyone found any solutions? (the dealer put mine on the aggressive map setting)

2) found the stock suspension to be very stiff. I was deflecting off of even the smallest rocks. I have to go and set the suspension dampening to medium front and back. Maybe the dealer didn't set it up properly? (I am 5'10'', 170 lbs)

3) I find it tall while standing with toes on the ground. It feels perfect while riding and standing on the pegs.

4) Can't believe how quiet it is compared to the old 525 EXC. Dealer has already removed the pipe stopper( not sure what that is but that is what they told me)

5) Not sure what everyone is talking about when they say this thing doesn't beat you up. My forearms feel like I slept with them clamped in vices. :ride:

Did you check the tire air pressure? Not trying to be a dork but I know that new bikes tend to come with about 30 psi in them (My new RM and YZ did!).

Also, it will take some time to break every thing in. First ride will be different from the 10th for sure. Where in BC are you?

Dial the compression and rebound settings as much as you like for now but ride it a while and then tidy the settings.

I'm the dork! The tire were about 30 PSI. dropped them to 14 and softened the setting all around. Much better. Still not as plush as I would like for rocky riding but world of difference. Can't believe I didn't check the pressure before my first ride.

Kantoniak - I'm in Squamish. You?

picked my 390 up 3 weeks ago and met a bloke at the dealer picking up a 450 at the same time.been for a couple of rides together ,but both of our bikes came with the preload on the shock wound right down. we were both deflecting of everything,you have to take the shock out to adjust though makes setting the sag a real pain, i wound mine off just untill there was no pressure on the spring ,this has given me 110 mm race sag and im 85kg with gear(i wear a lot of gear)lol:smirk:think i needed to go about 5-6 turns less around a third of the bottom. bike now handling way better but still not perfect, ive set all my clickers to sport,this stops the front end diving under brakes , set my fork preload inbetween sport and standard 3turns from memory. so start there, the other problem ive found is it seems pretty tank slappy at high speed, im hoping a steering damper will correct this as pretty unsettling when doing 100km plus and she starts to shake:ride:

I have 14hrs on my 390 it's starting to loosen up and start easier. Give it some time. It's tight as a new engine. Mine is starting to loosen up.

My setup includes taking a couple links out of the chain to make the wheelbase as short as possible. Since the rear drifts a little more than other bikes from more weight back there, this helps. Also I cut 1.5 inches off each side of my handlebars and got a lighter race pipe to drop an additional 3lbs of weight in the rear. I use the Rekluse Pro, and 13/48 gearing to get more leg out of the super low 1st gear mainly. Radiator guards, Cycra Probends, & Evans coolant also come with the package. My Michellin bib mouses make sure I can never get a flat too.:ride:

Thanks for all the good info. I am also the person that posted the topic "new 390 dying on first ride - help!". Therefore my bike is still not here though it is apparently fixed. When i get it back i will probably look carefully at the preload on both ends.

I'm the dork! The tire were about 30 PSI. dropped them to 14 and softened the setting all around. Much better. Still not as plush as I would like for rocky riding but world of difference. Can't believe I didn't check the pressure before my first ride.

Kantoniak - I'm in Squamish. You?

Glad to tire pressure helped a bit for you.

I am up in Kamloops. Do you have a dealer in Squamish or did you go elsewhere.

Maybe PM me and we will exchange e-mail address's.