Sign in to follow this  

Good smelling 2 stroke oil

I recently purchased the 2010 KTM 300 XC-W. I have been riding 4 strokes for the last couple of years, which I still have, but wanted to add a 2 stroke to the arsenal. I know modern 2 stoke oils are all pretty good but I like the smell of one in particular, the problem is I dont know which one it is. It is pretty distinctive in it's smell. Does any one know what type of oil I am looking for? I know it is kind of a vague question but I know somebody out there must know what I am talking about. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks E.J.

Maxima 927 and theres another one but i forgot it right now . Somebody should post up the name right now any minute.

I've heard Klotz smells pretty good. There have been a few 2t oil threads, if you do a search some should come up. Most people ask what the best to use is, and often people talk about the way their oil smells.

• Like 1

Wow, well... It's all pretty subjective but I love the smell of the Motul 800 I've switched to (used to run Golden Spectro, loved the smell of that too).

Tho I think the best smelling oils are the non synthetics. :ride:

• Like 1

I use Maxima 927 all the time. I use it in 50/50 race/pump gas mix (VP110). All the 4 stroke guys and quad guys I ride with say how good it smells. I have to agree.

927 is the one everybody seems to notice.

Yea they don't call it stink oil for nothing.

I like the smell of Blendzall.:ride:

Smell the strawberries anyone? Ipone Samourai Racing with the strawberry option is lovely:banana:

Wow, well... It's all pretty subjective but I love the smell of the Motul 800 I've switched to (used to run Golden Spectro, loved the smell of that too).

Tho I think the best smelling oils are the non synthetics. :ride:

hey just wondering why you switched to motul 800? because i use golden spectro.

P.S. i like the smell of klotz.

hey just wondering why you switched to motul 800? because i use golden spectro.

P.S. i like the smell of klotz.

No reason, decided to just give it a try because I ran Motul 300V in my RMZ.

Both are great oils, but I get no splooge with the 800 at the same mixture ration (32:1) (all my bikes are jetted for this, with the exception of the CR because I just swapped to a new carb and am working the jetting out).

Also, the 800 smells better than the spectro :ride: And we all know that's the real reason for switching premix oils haha.

The 927 is a castor bean oil I believe, not reccomeded for cold weather, it separates.

Yea they don't call it stink oil for nothing.

I like the smell of Blendzall.:ride:

I think Blendzall is the one you're thinking of.

Blendzall smells great. I love it when I have to turn around to go looking for someone and get to smell it. It also seems to run much better in my bike than HP2. Going to try the 927 because everyone says it runs cleaner than Blendzall.

I ran Klotz R50 for quite a while. Got a lot of compliments on the smell. Kind of a cross between Vanilla and soap.

That stuff is the most distinctive smelling oil, my friend always used that stuff and it was always easy to find which trail he just went down. I prefer the smell of castor 927 though :ride:

I run yamalube R in my old husky. and trails bike. its OK. i do like the caster oil smell too. i have some blendzall caster that run in my old maytag engine.