Good smelling 2 stroke oil

I recently purchased the 2010 KTM 300 XC-W. I have been riding 4 strokes for the last couple of years, which I still have, but wanted to add a 2 stroke to the arsenal. I know modern 2 stoke oils are all pretty good but I like the smell of one in particular, the problem is I dont know which one it is. It is pretty distinctive in it's smell. Does any one know what type of oil I am looking for? I know it is kind of a vague question but I know somebody out there must know what I am talking about. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks E.J.

Wow, well... It's all pretty subjective but I love the smell of the Motul 800 I've switched to (used to run Golden Spectro, loved the smell of that too).

Tho I think the best smelling oils are the non synthetics. :ride:

hey just wondering why you switched to motul 800? because i use golden spectro.

P.S. i like the smell of klotz.

hey just wondering why you switched to motul 800? because i use golden spectro.

P.S. i like the smell of klotz.

No reason, decided to just give it a try because I ran Motul 300V in my RMZ.

Both are great oils, but I get no splooge with the 800 at the same mixture ration (32:1) (all my bikes are jetted for this, with the exception of the CR because I just swapped to a new carb and am working the jetting out).

Also, the 800 smells better than the spectro :ride: And we all know that's the real reason for switching premix oils haha.

I ran Klotz R50 for quite a while. Got a lot of compliments on the smell. Kind of a cross between Vanilla and soap.

That stuff is the most distinctive smelling oil, my friend always used that stuff and it was always easy to find which trail he just went down. I prefer the smell of castor 927 though :ride: