Newb hot start question

Riding in the woods, bike is hot. I want to restart it, and I have a hot start. Do I:

A) Put the bike in neutral, pull in the hot start for x amount of seconds, release, then kick?

or

:ride: Put the bike in neutral, pull in the hot start and proceed to kick while I am pulling on the hot start lever?

Thanks,

cannon

What bike is this on? I have one on my 03' yz450f and never have to use it... if I do i just pull it release it and kick it and it always fires right up in 1 or 2 kicks. I could be wrong though. The way it was explained to me is that its just used to release the pressure built up in the cylinder.

i have a kx 250f

Are you actually having trouble starting it or are you just asking! Sorry for asking so many ?'s but Im just trying to be as informative as possible, without giving you false info

Are you actually having trouble starting it or are you just asking! Sorry for asking so many ?'s but Im just trying to be as informative as possible, without giving you false info

No problem man, thanks for the help! Yes and no. I haven't actually every tried kicking it over with the hot start, but I would like to get it right the first time to avoid any unwarranted damages to my bike.

It wont damage your bike... if it starts fine without it then dont use it!

When the bike is hot, you pull the hot start and kick. Then let off when the bike starts or it will shut off :ride:

EDIT:like ftball said, if it starts fine without using hot start, then i wouldn't use it unless you just want to